Tell us what how Reptaid has helped your Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChamNW

Hatchling Member
Many have expressed a desire for everyone to tell the forum how Reptaid has helped their dragons or other reptiles to recover from various ailments or medical situations. Those who have used Reptaid want everyone else to know how well it works for their dragons. So lets post on this thread about sucess stories with Reptaid.
BUT - lets not use the word "cure" because the product is an herbal supplement and the FDA will not allow us to use that word.

Tell us the age, sex, species of your reptile.
Tell us what you were treating for with Reptaid
Tell us what results you saw.
If possible lets post before and after pictures!

Be specific so folks can really appreciate how Reptaid has helped your animals.
thanks
Elliot

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Haven't known about this product but would also like to hear reports from those who have used it. Hopefully folks won't mix the word Reptaid with Flucker's Repta aid, is there alot of difference between your product and this one that many people use? Thanks

HowlinGaleDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Retired Moderator
3 Years
Female
Bearded Dragon

Treating: Mouth Rot

Results: The Reptaid cured her mouth rot in about 10 days when no antibiotic could help her she is eating great and very active now.

- She was on antibiotics for over 2 months and under went several topical treatments with no effect
- The antibiotics she was on only killed her appetite and she didnt want to run around

* Reptaid brought not only her appetite and activity back to normal but cured a condition many vets see as very hard to cure or in some cases uncureable

nicoledragbefore.JPG

nicoledragafter.JPG

3 Years
Male
Bearded Dragon

Treating: Resp. Infection

Results: My male improved iwthin 3 days there where majot reducitons in lungnoise within a week of treatments he didn't have any symptoms.

* Reptaid did not effect mymale in any negative ways he ate like a horse even while being treated

3 Years
Male
Bearded Dragon

Treating: Loss Of Appetite/Loss of Activity

Results: Eating like a horse and running around after 3 days

*My male loves the taste andwill jump for the syringe

1 1/2 Years Old & 1 Year 4 Months Old
Female & Male
Crested Geckos

Treating: PinWorms

Results: Treated with 3 doses of reptaid re-tested fecales a week later 100% clear!

Yearling or younger
Male
Chinese Water Dragon

Treating: Eye Infection

Results: After 3 days of treatment his eye infection was gone and he is eating much better and alot more active.

Does anyone know how I can order this or a phone number for them. I tried their website but it is down.

Thanks!

Becky

I just want to say how Reptaid saved my little beardie's life!! She got to the point that she wouldn't eat and would lay flat in the cage with her head held over her back. She was so uncoordinated that she couldn't even climb. I ordered Reptaid and gave her a couple drops twice a day for a couple weeks. She is now back to normal. She eats well and even climbs all over the cage now. I really thought that she wouldn't make it. She was so thin and liveless.

Thank you so much for this product. I definitely don't want to ever be without it!!!

Becky

Johnnyboy

Reptaid seems like a better product than Zilla's Jumpstart appetite stimulant... Does anyone know if Jumpstart even works? I've been using it and it doesn't seem to make my beardie want to eat more. Now i'm considering purchasing reptaid.... hmmmmmmmmm

I actually purchased that Jumpstart, however it wasn't easy to get them to take it. With the Reptaid, I just used the dropper that comes with the bottle and would put a drop on her mouth and she would lick it like water. I gave her a few drops at a time. At times she wouldn't lick it, however, I did it twice a day and got enough in her that made a difference. I honestly think this product is what saved her life.

Johnnyboy

beckygates":4db36 said:
I actually purchased that Jumpstart, however it wasn't easy to get them to take it. With the Reptaid, I just used the dropper that comes with the bottle and would put a drop on her mouth and she would lick it like water. I gave her a few drops at a time. At times she wouldn't lick it, however, I did it twice a day and got enough in her that made a difference. I honestly think this product is what saved her life.

I too hate how Jumpstart is this goo that you have to get into their mouth by use of force.. I like the sound of the dropper. Looks like I'm going to purchase a bottle of Reptaid. Thank you and great posts! Phenomenal!

Holy crap it costs 25 dollars!! Now i have to think about it.

FoodMonster

I have used Jumpstart and it works. One of my dragons was quite ill with watery mucous diarrhea. She rapidly became very thin and weak. I used Jumpstart to get her fattened up again so she could get her energy back and it worked really well. She ate it warmed up from an eyedropper and seemed to really like the flavor. I also mixed it up with either a little warm soy yogurt or chicken baby food for protein. If Jumpstart is warm it flows from an eyedropper easily. My dragon (a picky eater) opened her mouth for it so I did not have to force her.

After she got her strength back in a few days, I added some Jungle Labs Reptile Xtra Antiparasite meal mixed with the Jumpstart. That cured the mucous in her stools the first day I used it. She got her appetite back (I think her belly was hurting her) and started eating much more than she ever had before.

She is healthy and well now. I hope this is useful information.

I don't know what Reptaid is.

scion

Hatchling Member
From what my vet told me of jumpstarts ingredients, it is basically sugar, crude protien, and vitamins. She said that the sugar rush gets a slower reptile up and moving, which in turn usually raises its appetite. It also has protien and vitamins which help with thier overall health. I think they are two different products, with two different uses. For instance, Jumpstart wouldnt be used to treat coccidia, while reptaid has been.

That is good to know about the Jumpstart. My only experience was that it got all over the place and my dragon when I tried to give it to her. I can see where an eye dropper would be better. She was only about 3 inches when I tried feeding it too her... well, she is still about the same size, just healther looking. I tried feeding baby food to her, however, she would walk in it and it dried on her eyes and she couldn't even open them. After a good soaking I didn't put baby food in with her anymore.

The reason I got the Jumpstart and the Reptaid is that she laid flat on the ground with her head bent over her back. She had no coordination and couldn't climb up on anything. I never did figure out what was wrong, just that she got better after I treated her with Reptaid.

It sounds like both of them would be a good thing to keep on hand. Once mixed, the Reptaid can last up to a year if kept in the refrigerator. I've even given it to one of my corn snakes that seemed to be a bit off.

FoodMonster

Jumpstart has malt syrup and molasses, both good natural sources of vitamins and sugars, and cod liver oil (yeah it's old fashioned but good for man or beast - omega 3's), and a bunch of extra vitamins and minerals. It's basically a ton of concentrated sugar and fat calories plus vitamins so the poor sick dragon doesn't run out of steam and give up. Worked for my baby and gave her a big growth spurt.

Anyone know what Reptaid is?

FoodMonster

Jumpstart works best if you hold your little darlin' while feeding and then wipe her mouth with a wet kleenex so she is not all sticky all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom