Telepathic Domination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Hi all!

Roger has been great, eating sooo well, pooping 2-3 times a day sometimes :lol:
And Gary is also adjusting very well, he almost doesn't even seem to notice Roger lives there. Either that or Gary is just too lazy to even react to anything :lol:

On the other hand, Roger is definitely aware of Gary. We have them separate in different tanks across the room from each other. They're on either sides of a dresser we have so they can't even see each other. But sometimes I'll bring Roger out and he'll just zone in on Gary's tank even when he's far away. He'll turn dark and just look scared. Meanwhile, Gary really couldn't care less. It's like he can't even see him. Then later on sometimes after I put Roger back in his tank, I'll catch him arm waving. It doesn't seem like he's doing it to me because he's only ever done it after seeing Gary.

My question is,

Do beardies somehow.... "telepathically".... dominate each other? I know that sounds so silly, but I can't think of a better word. Gary doesn't even acknowledge Roger, yet Roger seems terrified of him. Is it solely just because Gary is bigger? Or is it something about smell, just the sight of him, or what?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a tough question. I wish I had a decent answer other than to say I've read about dragons in different rooms affecting eachother. I don't think it's telepathy as much as heightened senses but while they primarily act visually I think they rely on other senses as well which can come into play if they aren't in sight of eachother.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's more likely pheromonal..... I've read that lizards have a highly developed nasal chemosensory system they can detect the presence of other lizards. Some will always be more dominant while others more submissive . In the wild they could detect potential mates as well as potential rivals in their territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom