Teddy-cake, Teddy-cake, ladies' man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make like a plate as fast as you can!

Yesterday I took Teddy out for the first time since he woke up. No matter where in the yard I set him, he'd make a bee-line for the gap under the gate. Normally, I would have opened the gate and let him go for it, but I didn't have the key...

Instead, I kept plunking him down farther and farther from the gate until he saw ...... The Wall. :lol: He climbed it all by himself, and when he got to the top... instant pancake. :mrgreen:

3075b182.jpg

464f7956.jpg

83d54164.jpg

916cdc00.jpg

aaceec97.jpg

I intend to re-create this picture, this time armed with a REAL camera, not some over-glorified cell-phone. :roll:

... I hope these all show, photobucket is being glitchy.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
LOL... love the title!!! :lol:
Sounds like your Teddy is quite the determined little beardie. He was just looking for the best basking spot is all.
Great pics!!! :D

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks, Dawn!

Teddy is terribly determined. If he sets his eye on something, he won't stop until he gets it. I'm going to try to get him out for a while tomorrow, and let him bask. Our avocado tree is doing a major shed of it's own, and I need to rake twice a week. Yuck! And it's blooming, so I've got flowers everywhere. If i take Teddy out while I'm cleaning, he's guaranteed at least two hours of fun in the sun. ......

Hmmm.... Fun... Sun.....

How about a beach trip instead? :lol:

The poor guy is all white now. First the nose, then the arms, and now his whole body. I'll be giving fhe lil booger a nice, long soak tonight.

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ya'know what? Everyone else has a bloggy post, I'm-a-gonna keep this one. :D

Last night my sister and I shared some strawberries, a treat I don't normally splurge on. I dropped a berry, and had an idea. I kept the dropped berry and a couple tops, and chopped them up for Teddy this morning. Beardies to strawberries are like dogs to hot dogs, right?

Uh, not Teddy! He looked at the berry pieces like I was nuts, and tried to eat the bowl, instead. :roll: I then shredded some greens and put them on top of the berries & tops. Teddy likes turnip tops, and he dug in. He seemed in a bit of a hurry to eat his greens, and didn't catch that he grabbed a strawberry top until it was already in his mouth. He chomped, he chewed, he even spat, but down went the berry top. :lol: He gave me this look, as if to say "WTF were you thinking?!?" Oh, what a funny booger! He's now sulking, and won't finish his greens. I hope someday he'll decide strawberries are yummy, because they're in season, and I intend to enjoy them, at least!

What a finicky little guy. He doesn't like butterworms, he won't eat white roaches, hates blueberries, despises squash... Just turnip greens, dubias, and supers. :lol:

I think I'll go get him some dubias, now. *bows to the beardie*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom