Taters new cage :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorboy1392

Hatchling Member
ok i have to admit that the actual cage was not built by me :/ i bought it from a petstore that was closing down. i am really happy though because it was only 50 dollars!!!! the cage is 6x2x2 :)) the sides are all glass but i covered them up. i bought a piece of panel board with a tile pattern on it from lowes. it was like 23 dollars. i cut peices out of it to fit inside the tank to cover the floor, back, left side, and a platform. then i used aquarium silicone to seal all the edges. it does feel like real tile but its smooth so its very easy to wipe clean. it has 3 doors on the top that open up. and i built the stand that it sits on out of 2x4's and 4x4's. i also attached the light to it. but here are some pics so you can see it :))

tell me what you think :)

after i put the panel board in:
2010-08-11203827.jpg

from the front:
2010-08-13203311.jpg

from the side:
2010-08-24131647.jpg

Tater on his basking rock:
2010-08-13211606_Jacksonville_Florida_US.jpg

gatorboy1392

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks guys :) i was gonna build a cage but my dad suggested i look on craigslist and im glad he did cause after i bought it and did everything to it i only spent about $80 :) it would have cost over $100 to build a cage that was smaller than this one :))

CodyK

Hatchling Member
i love what you did with the floor and sides, is that like laminate flooring or what?

gatorboy1392

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yeah i thought about doing stuff like that, but the stuff i used is smooth and a lot easier to clean!! so that was a big plus for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom