Tater is still throwing up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorboy1392

Hatchling Member
first off, i have always fed tater collard greens, mustard greens, squash, peppers, and carrots. well about a week ago, my mom bought spinach instead of the greens and i was feeding him that for 4 days. well out of those 4 days he threw up 3 times. then i realized spinach isnt good for them. so i went to the store last night and bought a bag of "feild greens" which contains a mix of romaine lettuce, carrots, endive, and radicchio. well i fed him some of that along with his squash and peppers and i came home today and he had thrown up again! :? i looked on the list of foods and all of those things are either green or black, except the romaine which is blue. so all of those things are good for him, or at least ok (romaine)! so do you think it is the food that is causing him to throw up?? or do you think its something else and its just a coincidence that it started happening when i changed up his food??

this is what i bought:
http://www.dole.com/EatRightLanding...Details/tabid/606/Default.aspx?contentid=1452

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
simplify the diet.
Give just 1 green in the salad.
watch the amount of live food your giving.
Make sure your temps are right.
If the pooper has been throwing up a couple times it may take a week or so to get everything on track.

gatorboy1392

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well i know that spinach wasnt good for him, cause thats when he started throwing up, was when i started giving him that. so do you think after he eats good food for a couple of days his system will clear all the spinach stuff out and he'll be ok again??

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
The spinach wont make him throw up. What spinach does is block the absorbsion of calcium into the body.
My guess without looking at your set up is your temps are 2 low or your feeding to close to lights out.
My next guess is He is simply eating to much to fast.

xenziffen

Hatchling Member
Certainly check the basking temp and the BDs routine. It's more likely because of stomach temperature than phosphorus, or any other mineral, in the greens. Did the changes that led to new greens change his environment also? Did the change of diet somehow cause a change to his behavior?

gatorboy1392

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
the only thing that changes was his food! the temps are all the same, his setup is the same, i put his food in the same spot, i feed him at the same time. the only thing that has changed is his food!

and his behavior is still the same. he still runs around and stuff like normal.

but what i dont get is, even after throwing the stuff up, he goes and eats more of it! if it was bad for him wouldnt he stop eating it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom