Tank Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skira

Hi all :)

I was hoping someone could help me with the size of my new tank. I am in the process of buying or building (not decided yet) a new tank to house an adult beardie.

I am looking for measurements on the ideal size and I was thinking along the lines of 1200 mm (l) x 500 mm (w) x 600 mm (h). Does that sound like a good size or should i build a bigger enclosure?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
That would make around a 48"l x 20"w x 24"t enclosure which would be perfectly fine for an adult beardie.

Skira

Original Poster
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! :) At least I know I am on the right track now! Does 24" seem a bit high for the lighting? I have read on another thread that the UVB light should be with in 6-10" of the basking spot. I doubt any of my tank props would be high enough unless i create another level for the viv, Is that ideal? I can get the tank size custom made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom