Tank by Window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question before I head to classes =)

We've currently got our tank set up right in front of a window and waiting for our girl to arrive. We usually keep this window open during the day, because it lets a nice light into the room, and my parrots cage is off to the side of the window (next to the beardie tank XD) and he loves looking outside. Will this be okay for the beardie? I figured it will help give her access to a bit of natural UVB and maybe some basking warmth... But will she be disturbed by the light at all? I'm providing some shady hiding places just in case... But I just wanted to know what you all think =)

Our living room is more of an animal room now... lol... A total of six tanks (fish, hamster, crestie, and beardie) and a big bird cage! Oh well.... I guess it's better then the seven fish tanks I had at one point >_>

Cinder9

Juvie Member
Keeping the tank in front of the window can raise or lower the temp during certain parts of the day. I dont like doing that because the temp can get too hot at times. Dont count on getting any uvb from the sun either. The glass from the window and then your tank filters out pretty much all of it. I dont think the light wont bother him though.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Hi!
I notice you are in Austin :D We are in Georgetown :)

Even though we just got our beardie on Tues. I have read *a lot* on this forum LOL

I have read many times that the sun coming through a window when warm will be waay too hot for our beardies....is your window very shaded by a big tree, or in a location that does not get a lot of sun?

Austin summers are HOT...too me anyway LOL Also, these 20 degree days are cold. But if your window is WELL insulated, the cold may not be an issue, but the heat would no matter what.

The more experienced slaves should be along shortly to tell it better than I can :D I think of it like a magnifying glass on ants....when it gets hot.

Very kewl to see another Austinite here...(even though we are in GT now!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom