Tales of Thresh and Fizz *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So Deb was amazing today and came over and helped me pick out the new baby for the family. Except he isn't so much of a baby. And he may also may not be a he. :lol: He's from the same clutch as Baron was from, so his birthday is March 10th! And holy moly what a healthy juvie.

Even though he is a bit small at 12 inches, he can eat. Let me tell you, he can eat. Deb got pictures of him eating when I first gave him food 5 minutes after him being in the tank. 2 bowls of roaches later and a bowl and a half of baby bok choi and he seemed content. SO. PICTURES. I only got 3 before my camera died. :(

SAM_0286_zps317c2bb4.jpg

SAM_0287_zps523d934c.jpg

SAM_0288_zps4cd3629a.jpg

The last two are kind of crappy...But the camera was making angry red flashes at me and I was trying to get some.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sure Fizz is healthy, but hope there's nothing wrong with Draxel either, poor sweetie. You'll let us know, right?

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Hi there, I'm Jess. :D I just got done reading your entire thread. Well, it was actually more of a skim. I have to say Thresh and Fizz are gorgeous beardies. Thresh kind of reminds me of my first beardie, Rogue. I hope the vet visit goes well. I know how unnerving they can be.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hi Jess! Thanks for stopping in! I'm glad you love Thresh and Fizz-they are so popular it seems.

We went to the vet, and both Fizz and Drax got a clean bill of health. The Vet said that Drax was 'in great condition' which made me happy. He did say to keep an eye out for the whistling-he didn't hear anything at all when we were there, of course.

Fizz was good, I just wanted them to have seen him when he's healthy before he gets sick. We didn't get a blood panel, we'll hold off on that for a couple of months for now. We just can't really afford it, with vacation coming up and all.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Oh, some photos!

We've had Thresh for just over a year! A YEAR. We got her the last week of July, back in 2013. She was 12" long at 5.5 months old...

tumblr_na63yzZPnH1toehq5o1_1280.jpg

Now, at a year and a half old, she's 19.5" and 580g.

tumblr_na5zfuYPnB1toehq5o1_500.jpg

Fizz, at 3.5 months old, he's 15.5" and 185g. A comparison...(with my hand between them to be safe)
tumblr_na646ayUGn1toehq5o1_500.jpg

He is 2 months younger then she was when we got her, and 3" longer. I have no doubt he will be 16" at 4 months old at the rate he is growing. Absolutely no doubt.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Fizz is gonna be a big boy, a good size already for his age. They both look great and have awesome coloring.

Had to laugh at the expression in Thresh's eye while you had them both so close together, like she was thinking "what the heck are you doing?" lol

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Fizz comes from a 'large' beardie genetic tree. His cousin(I believe) is over 23". His parents are both over 20". He is on par with all his siblings that she held back as well-which makes me really happy because they grow really fast with her constant care. Makes me feel like I'm doing everything right, not wrong!

As you could see in the comparison, Thresh also got her hide and her favorite log back. I also had to raise her lamp even more-it puts her basking spot at over 120F where it is...I'm hoping in October we can get the Arcadia for her.

Some more pictures! I just love Thresh's eyes...they're so gorgeous.

tumblr_na5zcrR04c1toehq5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_na5zclLgxX1toehq5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_na5z77elPd1toehq5o1_500.jpg

Fizz also got his first 'big' boy bath in the tub, and some cuddle time...He didn't want to sleep-he loves the new tablet we bought and watch youtube videos on in bed.
tumblr_na3qwjRfOJ1toehq5o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_na3qwjRfOJ1toehq5o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_na3qwjRfOJ1toehq5o1_1280.jpg

And Drax not knowing how hides work; sorry for the blurry image!
tumblr_na3qwjRfOJ1toehq5o4_1280.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Those are great pictures of Fizz & Thresh! :D They both look wonderful & very healthy, too.
Great job with them both.

Tracie

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The pictures are all wonderful, can't believe how big Fizz is getting! But with those genetics he'll be huge before you know it. Wonder how long he'll be at full growth...and I laughed when I saw the pic of Draxel, did you teach him how to use the hide?

What did the vet say about Draxel, does he have an RI? Hope it was good news.

Thanks for sharing, the picture of Thresh looking back at Fizz make me laugh, too, "What is that thing doing in your hand, Mom?"

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie and Deb. :) Thank you both, I'm so proud of how far they've both come, in the long and short time I've had them!

I posted the vet visit above, but I'll quote it here for easier reading:

We went to the vet, and both Fizz and Drax got a clean bill of health. The Vet said that Drax was 'in great condition' which made me happy. He did say to keep an eye out for the whistling-he didn't hear anything at all when we were there, of course.

Fizz was good, I just wanted them to have seen him when he's healthy before he gets sick. We didn't get a blood panel, we'll hold off on that for a couple of months for now. We just can't really afford it, with vacation coming up and all.

So no RI for Drax right now, but they can develop very slowly, so just because he sounds fine now doesn't mean he will in a week. We're to keep an eye out until we leave and I may have JT check on him once or twice while we are away. When we get back I'll be checking him over extra well. He would need shots every 2 days, so if he develops it before we leave, we would need to leave him with the vet, which would cost a fortune for us...

I also learned how to feel the testicles in Fizz today by feeling his tummy! It was such a strange, but interesting, learning experience.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good news for Draxel, sort of, but I know you'll keep an eye on him for sure. And more shots, if needed, hopefully it's nothing.

You'll have to show me what you mean about feeling Fizz's testicles through his tummy, that's not something I've ever heard of. Interesting.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
CountofCasualty":kyck2p0i said:
Hi Jess! Thanks for stopping in! I'm glad you love Thresh and Fizz-they are so popular it seems.

You're very welcome :) Do you think maybe you were just imagining the whistling? I know that I tend to think Mushu is sick when he's totally fine. That's great that they're both healthy. I couldn't imagine taking blood from such a small animal! Vets where I live are rediculously expensive. Mainly because most of them are small animal vets :shock: makes me nervous sometimes.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I remember the day Thresh came home.It's hard to believe it has been a whole year! Glad Drax and Fizz are okay. It won't be long before you'll be on vacation! I'll bet you're getting excited.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hey Deb, I will for sure show you! I'm still kind of blown away by it. You can feel them by feeling the abdomen right in front of their back legs-there should be one lump on each side there if male.
Edit: I did the same with Thresh, and you can kind of sort of feel the same thing, but it's not nearly as pronounced. It might be how large Fizz is though compared to her(he is like...a 1/4 of her weight)

Jess, I know I wasn't just hearing it, my boyfriend was hearing it too when we first noticed. Sometimes they will 'whistle' for no apparent reason though, not just because of an RI. I read somewhere that their ball python has always whistled and they've gone to the vet multiple times over it and nothing. So it can just be a quirk.

And Esther, isn't it just amazing?? It went by so quickly. And we are getting really excited over the trip! Just a little over a week. I work every day until then after today, but it will be well worth it.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
We'll be making another Vet visit when we get back. Thresh's knee(not the same leg as before) is swollen up and has limited movement. I had her MVB way to low and has her temps up to 130F, no wonder she didnt want to bask, even when she was on Baytril. I fixed it and now it sits at just under 100F. But still, I'm so frustrated and I really hope that 3-4ish months of her not basking properly didn't start giving her MBD...

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Oh no! I'm glad you found out about the temp and fixed it. Are you giving her liquid calcium just in case?
Boy, your vacation time is almost here! Have a wonderful time if I don't get the chance to write again before you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom