Tales of Thresh and Fizz *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So Deb was amazing today and came over and helped me pick out the new baby for the family. Except he isn't so much of a baby. And he may also may not be a he. :lol: He's from the same clutch as Baron was from, so his birthday is March 10th! And holy moly what a healthy juvie.

Even though he is a bit small at 12 inches, he can eat. Let me tell you, he can eat. Deb got pictures of him eating when I first gave him food 5 minutes after him being in the tank. 2 bowls of roaches later and a bowl and a half of baby bok choi and he seemed content. SO. PICTURES. I only got 3 before my camera died. :(

SAM_0286_zps317c2bb4.jpg

SAM_0287_zps523d934c.jpg

SAM_0288_zps4cd3629a.jpg

The last two are kind of crappy...But the camera was making angry red flashes at me and I was trying to get some.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Your sister sounds like a right pain in the arse, honestly, does she have nothing better to do than to pick on you? She must be a very unhappy person to take it out on you all the time. Sounds like she's jealous of what you've accomplished in your life. I wish there was a way you could ignore her. And having Brandon home when she comes over is a great idea.

If you're still ok with next Friday, I'll visit with roaches for Thresh. Let me know. I have to clean out my colony and all of the ones I don't want are her size!

Glad you had relaxing day with Brandon, too. And I'll bet Thresh will love the hornworms. I'll be getting Didi and Rubio some some time soon, have 3 pays in January, yay!

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Hey, thought I'd stop by and take a few minutes to read up some on Thresh. She's beautiful, I really love her coloring :) Love the new baby as well.. My brother has a few boa's and I love them all.. I always play with them when i'm at his house.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I agree Deb, she is an arse.

Update until today: Thresh never got horns, the petstore supply was minimal and terrible at best(frail and dying in front of me), so I got her crickets. Yup. Crickets. I cleaned all of her furniture out except paper towel and let her go to town on these 10 large crickets. And she had a BLAST. It will be something I will try to do every few weeks, because they are cheap. Pick up 20 or so and let her have fun chasing them around.

It has been a crazy year. For all of us, I think. Hopefully 2014 will be better. Brandon and I have some big plans, including getting our own place, him getting a promotion, getting a car, maybe another dragon and another snake. It will be crazy, crazy good, I hope. It's been a long time coming, these past few years have been rough on both of us but here it goes!

Reflecting back on this year I had a lot of personal growth, lost some friends and cut out toxic family(for the most part), but honestly when everyone asks what I accomplished this year, it isn't finding a job I love, or getting better with my depression, it's meeting everyone on here, and getting my first dragon. And I will never, ever forget the first day I brought Baron home on April 19th. (Was it so long ago, now?) It was a roller coaster I was no way prepared for emotionally. But I've learned a lot and grown a lot and become more of an adult. I've fought, and mostly won, against my depression.

I am so lucky to have been able to introduce myself to reptiles this year. It has been a blessing for me and I will love them to the end of days.

I hope everyone has a safe new years eve, and has an amazing year,
From Jolene, Benjamin, Missy, Arya, Thresh and Draxel.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I love what you wrote, Jolene, and I'm hopeful that 2014 will be a healthy, prosperous year for us all. I love my bd.org family, too, so many good friends, so many who have come to my rescue so many times, more than I can count.

I hope you have a safe New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. If all goes well, I'm going to my mom & dad's with Eric, Tara and Leo. haven't heard from them to cancel, so crossing my fingers they don't in the am. It was Eric's 30th birthday on Friday, so my sis is bringing a cake with her. It'll be the first time I see everyone during the holidays, so it will be lunch, Eric's b-day for dessert, then Xmas presents for everyone. I'm waiting for the buns to rise, I make my grandmother's recipe at every get together, it's like having her with me again.

HERE'S TO 2014, it has to be a much better year :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Deb, Rubio, Lonzo, Leo, Didi, Gabriel, Puff, Rocco and Bunny

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the kind words, Deb. Thresh is starting to preshed her beard, 3 legs and her tail.

I built a kind of bad photo studio thing with a box and paper towel. :lol: Here are some pictures of Thresh and Drax:

tumblr_myyli1TJFL1toehq5o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_myyli1TJFL1toehq5o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_myyli1TJFL1toehq5o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_myyli1TJFL1toehq5o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_myyli1TJFL1toehq5o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_myyli1TJFL1toehq5o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_myyli1TJFL1toehq5o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_myyljy4FIu1toehq5o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_myyljy4FIu1toehq5o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_myyljy4FIu1toehq5o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_myyljy4FIu1toehq5o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_myyljy4FIu1toehq5o5_1280.jpg

And a bonus of Benjamin for good measure:
tumblr_myyllaDp6E1toehq5o1_1280.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Your studio worked, the pics turned out great. Didi's doing the same shed as Thresh, I think they hate it when it affects their mouth area. Poor sweeties.

Drax looks good and Benjamin is such a lovely cat!

Thanks for the pics!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Drax is doing incredible. He was 73 grams when I got him, he's up to 90 now. I'm blown away by it.

I love the photos of Thresh. She looks incredible in all of them, even with her silly shed. If I get good pictures of the cats and Arya I'll make a new signature of everyone. Unfortunately the cats don't fit in the box. :lol: But I'll figure something out for them.

She's doing great, by the way. Growing like a little weed still I'm sure. Haven't measured her since she hit 18 inches, I'll do it the middle of the month, I think the 15th will be measuring day from now on. Make it easy. Her appetite for greens has only increased, a big bowl of bok choy is gone every day now, roaches she's still putting back but not as many as before. She loves to chase and shows little interest if she can't now.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hi Count, I have been lurking for quite a while but thanks
to my laptop wasn't able to get in. I got a phone so now
I can get in. Thresh has a nice beard so pretty love the color.
Getting names right, first time posting on here and I get nervous.
Your sister is not so nice, my younger sister nice to me sometimes
she has this "I'm tough" attitude so I get intimidated by her she's 22
so she has her bad days and is mean to everyone, we just let her lock
herself in her room when she wants to. I can relate you when my sister
has bad day, I try to stay out of her way.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hi BlueDragon, never be nervous to post! I don't bite, promise. Don't worry about getting names wrong, either. :) Thanks for stopping by and the relation to my sister with yours. Don't siblings just suck sometimes?

Glad you can post more and follow along better with your phone. :)

Oh h my gosh i love balls, i have a ghost four year old male :shock: so gorgeous. i dont have acsess to a computer to upload pics and do all of my posts from my kindle fire. I am getting a beardie as soon as it warms up in fairbanks :cry: 30 below. So excited to finally experinence a beardie :blob5:

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardies are great. Heck, all reptiles are. I'm seriously looking at expanding my collection once my partner and I get our own 2-3 bedroom where I can have a herp room.

Small update:
So we have Bed Bugs. I started getting bitten mid-late December, I found two and killed them but from then on we cleaned like crazy. Of course it's impossible to stop them once they start. It has been getting really bad the past week and I told our landlords(once I found out it's their job to pay for pest control as I wasn't sure), and we're having the place treated Friday.

So the pets and I have to be out of the house for 6 hours Friday. One of my old friends is letting us all relocate to her house for that duration, which I'm glad for. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with all of them.

Hopefully things work out and the little pests go away.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What a relief and I knew your landlords were responsible for pest control, they always are. Glad you found a place to relocate for the time & they should get a rat terrier in about 3 weeks later to make sure the treatment worked. That's what they use here, if someone has bed bugs, is a rat terrier, they're trained to find small bugs.

So let me know when you're done with the treatments and all is good & I'll come over with the roaches. Can't now anyway, have the flu, but keep me posted, k?

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
We're due for 2 treatments, at most 3, every 2 weeks after the previous. It's going to be a bit crazy, we have to start getting everything ready, all the fabrics have to be laundered, even in the closets and in the dressers, all the furniture has to be pulled from the walls, all the clutter in boxes in the centre of rooms/on the floor.

We have to be out of the house for a minimum of 6 hrs, Brandon has to be out for 10 because of his heart condition.

Thresh's tank is staying in the house but I'm going to bleach and clean everything very vigorously when I get back with her before she even goes in there. I don't want her getting sick because of what they spray. Drax's tank will come with me when we go for the day, and Arya will be in a box with all her clean linens and stuff so none of it gets contaminated with anything either. Last thing I need is my little ones to get sick.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I'm following you on instagram.
That sucks about bedbugs, I watch
this show called Infested on animal
planet and it shows that heat 150 degrees
can get rid of them. I do study bugs, but every
infestation on that show ends with heat on bedbugs.
I know you cant have heat that high in a house it can
warp things. So I hope there is a better way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom