Tales of Thresh and Fizz *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So Deb was amazing today and came over and helped me pick out the new baby for the family. Except he isn't so much of a baby. And he may also may not be a he. :lol: He's from the same clutch as Baron was from, so his birthday is March 10th! And holy moly what a healthy juvie.

Even though he is a bit small at 12 inches, he can eat. Let me tell you, he can eat. Deb got pictures of him eating when I first gave him food 5 minutes after him being in the tank. 2 bowls of roaches later and a bowl and a half of baby bok choi and he seemed content. SO. PICTURES. I only got 3 before my camera died. :(

SAM_0286_zps317c2bb4.jpg

SAM_0287_zps523d934c.jpg

SAM_0288_zps4cd3629a.jpg

The last two are kind of crappy...But the camera was making angry red flashes at me and I was trying to get some.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I don't think we can risk it. As much as I would love too, I think I would still always worry. I think I can be less worried if he gets locked in(like today), or if we have the bedroom door open as we do chores and things during the day and know where he is. I think that'll keep him happy, too.

I think tomorrow is deep cleaning for Thresh and Arya, and cleaning our bedroom. We need to move our bed, we have a rug we want to put down and can't until the bed is moved, and put a bunch of stuff in storage. I want to pack up a lot of my 'summer' clothes and only have sweaters, jeans, comfy pants and a few 'dressier' shirts that I can wear to restaurants and things like that and donate some of the clothes that don't fit me/I don't like anymore as well.

I really want to get a nice bedframe/headboard for the bed so we can have it under the window, but won't until next year. Sigh. I don't think Brandon and I will be moving out, like I would like. It's to expensive, and as much as I can't stand our roommate 99 percent of the time(nice guy, but not my type of person), it's cheap. I have to learn to live with it a little longer, if worms take off really strong, we can have him move out and stay here without a roommate, but lots to do before then. :banghead: Being an adult is hard!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Being an adult is very hard work, always something we wish we could do but can't, but you'll get there, you two! I know you will. :D

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Glad everything is all right on your end! Can't wait for more pictures of the babies!

I hear you, I'm trying to save up and purchase stuff I'll need in order to move out such as the new bed set because I do plan to move out with Paul and one dresser and a twin bed will definitely not be enough.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
We're all doing well over here. Brandon and I talked about the possibility of moving to Alberta next year if I can get a job on the oil rigs. Even as a well tester or something similar, in a year or two I could pay off my loans, buy a new car, pay off the insurance for it and a lot more. I'm not sure though, I love Vancouver, and while we don't have a lot of extra cash...We live comfortably and we get by. But we don't have the possibility of having a wedding if we wanted to get married, or buying our own condo, or all of these things that I really want until Brandon is in School. And he can't go to school until I'm making 3000+ a month.
See where I'm torn? If we moved, I could make enough to put him through school PLUS pay for our housing and everything we needed with so much ease. :( I don't know where to go.

Anyways. Here are some pictures. :)

SAM_0903_zpsabfb5fff.jpg

SAM_0901_zps966a4540.jpg

SAM_0899_zpsb4df8a44.jpg

SAM_0898_zps3acf8f05.jpg

SAM_0890_zpsa44ab7a6.jpg

SAM_0891_zps23cd430a.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Your camera takes such wonderful picture, now you have to choose the two best shots & get them into the calendar! I have to get them all done on the weekend.

So no worms? Any news on the customs front? Haven't they had them long enough now?

As for living in Alberta, you have to do what's best for all of you for now. If you can get you a job on the rigs, I say go for it. You can always come back to Vancouver if you want to, and you can stay in touch through here, anyway! So that would be a lot of thinking, that's for sure.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
No worms yet. :( No news, either. Argg, they've been there for 4 days, but 2 of those were weekend days.

And thanks everyone for complimenting Thresh! She's getting a bright orange beard, which contrasts so wonderfully with her yellow head. I love how colorful she is, and how well behaved!

And I already submitted my calender pictures! :) They were these two:
Edit first one was wrong!!
SAM_0481_zps8895375a.jpg

SAM_0337_zps36523025.jpg

:lol:

As for Alberta, yes. The bonus is I would be closer to a lot of the family I get along with, including my Mother's side, who I never got to know, on top of my parents. If Worms don't put us in the place I want them to put us, I think, chances are, we'll go for it you know? It is a huge move and it is TERRIFYING, but the thought of not living in debt and having the freedom to buy a car and pay for the insurance and be able to buy a house eventually and send Brandon to school and not worry about all of those things is so mind blowing. I know how much my father made in 5-6 months working as a boilerman. I wouldn't earn as much as him in the positions I could get in that time, but over a year, or two, or five?

I feel at a standstill. Like if we don't leave, we won't move forward, but if we do it might fail and what then?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
When it comes to something like this you have to think it over a lot but then go for it, as it will move you forward. If Brandon is willing and you find a good paying job there, why not. You're both still so young, a few years might make a big difference. But still, it's a big move and something you really have to talk about, and no rush, right?

And you're going to call Customs in the morning to find out what the H is going on, right? :banghead:

And I totally forgot you got pics of Thresh in already, you're so ahead of me! Those two pics you chose were great, I'll bet the first one will be the one chosen!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I hope it's the first one, but the second one shows her personality a lot too. (That's how I found her tonight when I went to get her out at 8:40, angry at me for being 'late'.)

And I agree...It would make a huge difference. Brandon is all for it. He's going to work on getting a Store Manager position for this time next year, so if he has to transfer(he will), it'll be easy to do. There's no real rush, as we make it by just fine. But he also understands the emotional position I'm in right now-torn between staying in a comfy and secure place and taking the risk that would, in the end, hugely improve our lives. Change isn't easy, that's for sure. But the money could put Brandon in school, as I mentioned, and I could get more dragons, not worry about feeding and caring for them, and think more seriously about breeding if I wanted to pursue that.

And if I get up early enough I will call! Since my Dad is established with a company and in the industry, he can help me take the right steps to get a good job so long as there are some next year. But there is so much work in Alberta, for everything. When I went to visit my parents in Red Deer last fall, I saw 'help wanted' on basically every bloody store.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
CountofCasualty":1ztp4end said:
I hope it's the first one, but the second one shows her personality a lot too. (That's how I found her tonight when I went to get her out at 8:40, angry at me for being 'late'.)

So that's why she looked annoyed. :lol: That look on her reminds me of my friends cat, Saphire, she always looks like that. I told Shirley that Saphire's normal annoyed look belongs in that calendar "bad cat".
:lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thresh sure does look annoyed in that 2nd photo, guess she has you timed and when you're not there on time, she knows it :lol: What a cutie pie!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
She is very much on a schedule, and gets upset if I don't follow it. No bearding or anything like that...but she has sure mastered the stink eye.

Canada post still has no update on the worms. But I know they take a while to update, too. I'm going to feed the cats and wait until after 11(when the mail gets delivered), to call and find out what is going on. This is just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom