Tales of Thresh and Fizz *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So Deb was amazing today and came over and helped me pick out the new baby for the family. Except he isn't so much of a baby. And he may also may not be a he. :lol: He's from the same clutch as Baron was from, so his birthday is March 10th! And holy moly what a healthy juvie.

Even though he is a bit small at 12 inches, he can eat. Let me tell you, he can eat. Deb got pictures of him eating when I first gave him food 5 minutes after him being in the tank. 2 bowls of roaches later and a bowl and a half of baby bok choi and he seemed content. SO. PICTURES. I only got 3 before my camera died. :(

SAM_0286_zps317c2bb4.jpg

SAM_0287_zps523d934c.jpg

SAM_0288_zps4cd3629a.jpg

The last two are kind of crappy...But the camera was making angry red flashes at me and I was trying to get some.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So 1/3 to me, right? I just don't have room for 2/3 so you might want to sell some of it. But 1/3 will do me fine, will last forever as I refuse to use crickets anymore. The geckos seem to be enjoying their supers, but I'm going to try roaches on Bunny, see if she'll eat them. I just can't stomach crickets anymore, they die too quick and are a pain to keep and stink to high heaven!

I've never bothered going back to school because I always had to work full time once I was out of high school, I tried a year in college but I'm just not a student, like you and Liz. Plus when I got out of school in 1974, there were jobs everywhere so had no trouble finding a good job right away. It's not like today at all, where it's hard to find p/t work, never mind f/t work.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I didn't expand all of it. I can give you 2/3rds of a cup to expand on your own(1/3 of the 2 cups I got). Since I know 4tbsp does about a gallon of crystals, you can make smaller batches based on that. Or I can give you some of my already expanded. How ever you want to do it. They're so nice, though! Much better then that icky coloured stuff.

And yeah. I didn't like the program I was in when I was in school, the staff were unhelpful and I went in right after high school, didn't get the chance to grow for me. And now I know what I want to do more(Brandon talked about me doing something like Pet Boutique, crossed with Van Pet. So specializing in some reptile/fish stuff that's all high quality, and then high quality cat and dog stuff as well. I think that would be really cool, but I'm years away from that).

Worms left San Francisco at 2AM this morning and still haven't checked into Customs. But they hopefully will early in the AM and get passed through for delivery tomorrow or Friday. AHH WORMS.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Keep me posted and I'll take the dry and then can expand them as I need them. I'm only using them for the roaches now, so need the dry.

And yes, the worms are on their way. I know you'll be checking once they get to Customs to make sure they pass through & they'd better! At least you have contact#s now!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Very true. :) I'm still checking it every hour or so. It didn't update ANY status until around 10PM last night, even though they had been in transit and moved around since 11AM. :?

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I'm partially worried it'll get sent back again? I don't know why but I am. G'uh. I hope hope hope it'll get delivered tomorrow. I'm so worried that it won't be and that things will go all wrong again.

I've done everything according the the Health and Food people, so it shouldn't, but I hope not...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Call them in the morning to make sure, it will relieve your mind to know & if they won't deliver ask them WHY NOT when you've done everything according to what they want :angry5:

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I can't call in the AM, open the store so I'm there at 9. I don't see why NOT. The permit is there. The Description of the items is there. Everything matches up. The only thing I can SEE going wrong is on my permit it just says the substrate is 'coconut husk', not the brand of 'Coir(Coconut Husk)'. But I don't see why it would matter from brand to brand. If it does I'll be right mad that no one told me.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Guess you'll find out when you get home. Hopefully all goes well and your package is waiting for you. Fingers are crossed!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
No worms. But I guess they haven't even been in customs for 2 days(generally the minimum for inspections). Monday, hopefully.

Little girl is almost at 15 inches! Or was last night. Had about 1/8th of an inch to go.

She's shedding her beard, and the back half of her head, and her single leg she didn't shed before.

No pictures. Cuddles have been cuddle time, not a lot of pictures. I'll try getting some on Sunday when I have a day off.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I got new clothes yesterday. A pair of jeans, yoga pants, a tank top and 2 other shirts. A nice price of 85 for all of it brand new. I've been practically living in the Yoga Pants. Love themmm! :love5:

I had an interesting discovery today. Brandon left to go to a movie with our roommate about an hour-ish before I got home. When I got home I heard yowling from our bedroom. Who else in there but Benjamin!

I was pleasantly shocked to see Thresh, and her viv, completely untouched. The conditioning of hissing and eye contact at Benny whenever he gets to curious about Thresh has done good, apparently! I hate scaring him, he's a bit skittish as is, but it clearly has done the job of scaring him off wanting to be near her at all.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Will that is good news about your clothes shopping (good prices) and Benjy. Do you think you can have him in your bedroom at night now? That would be great, wouldn't it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom