Tales of Thresh and Fizz *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So Deb was amazing today and came over and helped me pick out the new baby for the family. Except he isn't so much of a baby. And he may also may not be a he. :lol: He's from the same clutch as Baron was from, so his birthday is March 10th! And holy moly what a healthy juvie.

Even though he is a bit small at 12 inches, he can eat. Let me tell you, he can eat. Deb got pictures of him eating when I first gave him food 5 minutes after him being in the tank. 2 bowls of roaches later and a bowl and a half of baby bok choi and he seemed content. SO. PICTURES. I only got 3 before my camera died. :(

SAM_0286_zps317c2bb4.jpg

SAM_0287_zps523d934c.jpg

SAM_0288_zps4cd3629a.jpg

The last two are kind of crappy...But the camera was making angry red flashes at me and I was trying to get some.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Poor girl did not like the huge downpour/lighting/thunder we had last night. I went to take her out and she freaked, darted half way across her cage, froze, and when I scooped her up flew OUT of my hands. I managed to only have her drop 6 inches onto my bed but she was bearding(no black) and very unhappy. Took a while for me to calm her down. Her face, legs and tail have all started peeling off too.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Poor sweet girl, that was a huge thunderstorm last night. One big lighting bolt hit very close by & the thunder shook my apartment. Luckily all my boys were asleep and not even that huge sound woke them up. I'm glad you were there to comfort her. What a night!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Agreed. I just laid with her on the bed for almost a full hour until she was feeling much calmer and almost asleep again with me there and the rain had died down before I tucked her back in. She's such a sweet heart, so her doing that really threw me off, too.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Two legs popped! Her two fronts are done, and she's still working at the top of her head, though her upper beard/lips are done, too. She has her head, tail and one back leg to go.

She's SLOWLY outpacing Sorin, at 14 3/4 of an inches tonight. Keep going girl!

Edit: Oh! Update on Worms. Kellon wasn't in the office(for one reason or another) earlier this week. I called him Tuesday AM and left a message asking him to please call me back when he was back so we could talk about shipping.
He called me yesterday and left a nice little voice message(as I was at the PNE yesterday and didn't hear it, and I was, at that point, just happy to hear from him). He said he got the worms he originally sent me back, opened them up and none had died. And he phrased the next bit really nice 'So, we didn't lose anything but time'. Which is true, and in a way it's because of how he phrased that that I wasn't angry. Yes, sure, it's not easy feeding and finding things to feed Thresh, but she is doing wonderfully and that's good.

So I called him back this morning and we had a nice talk, determining what exactly to put in the description and such. He also said he has over a dozen people that have emailed him in the past week wanting their product, and his plans are just to have me as the distributor because that makes it easier for everyone. So he'll send me the contact list when I order in my first bunch of sales worms(2 weeks from now)(aside from the one 1,000 group that I'm selling to a wonderful person for a lower price because they've been wanting them for weeks and all this stuff has gone wrong and I feel right terrible.)

SO!
TL;DR: Worms are finally happening, Kellon is incredibly nice(if a bit hard to contact at times), and they are being sent next Monday and I am very excited to be the ReptiWorm distributor sales person. :D

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I think Thresh should be at least 15.5-16 inches for her age. Baron (her brother) was 10 inches at three months. Shes almost 6 months(11 more days) until then, and if I can get another solid half an inch to an inch under her belt by then I will be very happy. I think it's doable, too, will just take persistence and some blind hope.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yeah, glad to hear the worms are getting shipped and you'll be the distributor, that will help $ wise for sure. And isn't that great that even though they went back & forth, they're all alive? Hardy little worms!

Thresh will surprise you when she gets a bit older with her growth. Remember how small Titan was when I first got him? He wasn't even 15" long at 8 mo old. And now he's 18 1/2" long and 580g at a year old. So it does happen, you'll see. I have to measure him again because I think he's grown in length again. Plus they still grow during their 2nd year, too. They're not full grown until they're 2 yrs old.

So I have to wake up my nephew as we have to get home to wake up my boys, they must all be wondering where their lights are!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So the wonderful person that wants the 1,000 count told me their neighbour bought a dragon, and they need another 1,000 count for them. That'll be nice! 80 dollars in my pocket next week, will help a lot, especially when ordering for sales and restocking the 10,000 I'm getting, as I need to sell 2,000 out of that right away. They also said to always have 1,000 counts in stock for them, as they don't care about price, just the health of their dragon and they think the Repti's will be the best for health. I love people like that, and promised them I would do such for them.

Bought Missy a new litter box, new litter, more cleaner and litter deodorizer today. She's started back up again and we don't know why, so going to try some new stuff. All litter boxes are getting completely changed tomorrow or Monday.

Thresh is doing GREAT. She's put on a lot of weight(the chub), and I reluctantly had to put her back on Supers, 7-10 per day, we just couldn't afford horns any more. But we haven't had any problems, and it'll only be a little while longer before I get them worms! She's eating 2-3 big leaves of baby bok choy per day, giant salads for her and she just goes through them so quickly.

The roaches are doing good. I lost a male last week, no idea why. Waiting on those crystals to be shipped from Mr. Herps...He gave me a tracking number but when I put it in nothing comes up. I'm worried it isn't serious and I don't have to put in an appeal(is that what it's called) with the bank, as I sent a email asking about it 3 days ago now, haven't heard back. I'll give it a week(I paid extra for 4 day shipping), if I don't have it by next Friday, to the bank I go I guess?

Anyways. That's the update. As for me, I'm doing good. Might be picking up another day at work, which would put me at 30+ hours! That'll do me well, too, along with the worms.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Such good news, as for the crystals, do you mean you paid for them 1st & now can't find them? No way to stop the payment at this point, but you need to contact Mr Herp if you can't find the tracking # on Monday & get them to sort it out.

Hopefully the news stuff you bought for Missy solves her problem, poor sweetie.

Glad you have a continuous customer right off the bat for the phoenix worms. So the next shipment goes out Monday? Hope this gets through customs better than the last one did! I'll be waiting to hear good news on that!

Keep checking her for the supers, but if she's gaining weight and she's pooping fine and doesn't do the odd thing she did last time, she should be just fine. I just got 500 supers for $15 through Jake, and they came in 100% alive, so that was a relief, so much cheaper than what I'm paying now. I had to switch containers, put them in the big cricket keeper and the crickets I get tomorrow will go in the medium sized one, as I intend to get the supers from Jake from now on, if he's willing. I hope so, 'cause that cuts my costs in 1/2!

Annalee

Juvie Member
Is it hard to get feeders shipped where you guys are at? I got a total of 1k silk worm eggs with supplies, dubia nymphs and breeding starter kits, and 1k supers for a total of around $100 shipped. It was a lot of shopping around because I got them all from different places but I think it was worth it.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Deb, yes I paid for them first, and now the tracking number he sent me isn't coming up with anything. It hasn't since I got it on Tuesday. I'm getting a bit worried, and I'm actually quite upset about the idea of it not being around. I emailed him 2 days ago, and no reply. Going to keep up with it.

Worms also will not be going on Monday! I forgot it's a stat! Will be seeing them sent out Tuesday, unless USPS ships on Stats? I don't know how it works down there with that. Kellon said Monday, so if it comes out monday yay! If not that's fine.

And no problems with poo, and she's gaining lots. She's got such a fat belly. I think she would eat 15+ per day if I let her, but I'm keeping her on the strict 7-10. She's doing well on that. That's great you got that many for that cheap! I want to start a colony of supers to sell, but in time.

Annalee,

It is, there are...3-4 major feeder suppliers online in Canada I think. Maybe 5. It's incredibly expensive(min 18.00 through Canada Post and UPS, which most people deal with). It's not that the prices are bad, but they are no where near as cheap as down there! 1K Silk eggs will run 29.00, plus a pound or so of food, which is also 29. Since we can't get dubai, I'll supplement 500 crickets which is 15 dollars, and 1k Supers will run 22-34 or so? So not including shipping, we're already at 95-107.

It really sucks getting feeders up here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom