Tales of Thresh and Fizz *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So Deb was amazing today and came over and helped me pick out the new baby for the family. Except he isn't so much of a baby. And he may also may not be a he. :lol: He's from the same clutch as Baron was from, so his birthday is March 10th! And holy moly what a healthy juvie.

Even though he is a bit small at 12 inches, he can eat. Let me tell you, he can eat. Deb got pictures of him eating when I first gave him food 5 minutes after him being in the tank. 2 bowls of roaches later and a bowl and a half of baby bok choi and he seemed content. SO. PICTURES. I only got 3 before my camera died. :(

SAM_0286_zps317c2bb4.jpg

SAM_0287_zps523d934c.jpg

SAM_0288_zps4cd3629a.jpg

The last two are kind of crappy...But the camera was making angry red flashes at me and I was trying to get some.

CherylLynn

Hatchling Member
I'm the same. I battle through a sinus infection every year but no antibiotics. They cause me more problems than they solve. I take a couple vitamins to help with my immune system as I work with the elderly and to help with my bad joints. I do not take any of the joint supplements though, they seem like a bad idea. I do stretching and cold/heat therapy instead of taking pain meds.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
beardie parents":3eiul6qh said:
In my opinion (non-medical) I don't like any kind of drugs because there are always side effects, no matter what the Doctors tell you. So I agree with you, go with the natural remedies first. You could try some vit C, a lot more than you normally do as that always helps us when we start to get sick with a cold or something. I've never had an ear infection before.
And I totally agree with that. My mom uses natural remedies a lot, and if it gets bad (like my sinus infection was, its getting better.) we go to the doctor for antibiotics/whatever, but I have to take probiotics with that cause my mom says antibiotics get rid of all bacteria, good and bad, and the probiotics help with that. (Basically, ones against, and ones for. Only said that because I'm bad at explaining :lol: )

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I've had knee problems and I took the move free, then the Costco brand of the same thing and I now have less problems with my joints then I did before. I realize every body is different but after one year of the move free, I had almost no problems with my knee. I got away from drinking caffeine but have since been drinking a bit more and I have noticed a bit more problems with said knees since. It's hard to stop drinking tea and coffee, when I should. The alternative, sugar free juice, is a lot more expensive then tea and coffee.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I drink herbal teas more then things with caffeine. I don't even drink pop often either, it just isn't worth it. I have bad hips, too, they're tight and pop/crack/hurt a lot, but I'm going to start doing Yoga aimed at helping that, and my other joints. I also have a vertebrae in the lower part of my back that will try to twist to far, causing my entire back to seize up. 4 PT sessions later(and almost a week out of school because I could barely be comfortable lying down, let alone standing or sitting), and I was feeling better. It acts up once and a while, but that's just my lack of maintaining the stretches/small workout I'm supposed to do to keep the muscles strong.

And yes, Antibiotics kill everything. I see so many dogs come in totally out of sorts with eating and themselves because they really mess with the gut, especially after surgeries. I eat plenty of yogurt if I have to take antibiotics, and for at least a week after to help promote the goodies to come back.

Oil of Oregano is great, and so is Coconut Oil(believe it or not). Both are used in dogs and cats as natural antibiotic sources, both oral and tropical.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So next month is Spoil all the pets but Dragon month!
Ever since we got a dragon, much of my disposable income for pets has gone towards food for them. Since the worm thing has been sorted, next month Arya is getting a new cage, toys and an igloo, 4 new liners and a snuggle sack I'm ordering off Etsy so I don't have to sew them. The cats are also going to be getting new handmade wooden Acadia bowls(with stainless steel bowls that set inside the wood).
It's been something I've been putting off because of the dragons, but now we can finally do it.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They'll all be pleased to be spoiled! And I guess we all have our aches & pains to bear. I'm going to check out this "move free" that Lori was talking about, seeing as I don't drink coffee or any tea (water and skim milk only) maybe that will help the arthritis. I'm also talking to my doc about going onto insulin for diabetes, I'm starting to read bad things about the meds I've been taking for a long time, especially for the kidneys, so I see him on Oct 1, I'll see what he thinks.

Arya is going to think she's won a jackpot with all her new goodies!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I sure hope she'll be happy! It's a 9 SqF cage(meant for Guinea pigs), so its a huge improvement on what she has. I've wanted one for a while now for her, and everything will last years and years except maybe the toys. So we can continue using it with our next hedgehog, whenever that happens(not for many years, I hope!). She already got a new bowl for food, and I switched her off the water bottle onto a ramekin dish with water instead.

Thresh is good! I got a bunch of pictures of all her shed, will upload them in a while. It's started to move down her beard, and she didn't eat a single thing today so she's probably not impressed with this shed. That's okay by me though, she eats so well the rest of the time she can get a break!

Edit: Oh, Deb. I ordered 1 pound of water crystals online through MrHerp.Ca. It's almost 30 dollars, but I think it makes...15 gallons worth? So It's a better deal then getting the 1 Gallon through work at 10 dollars(Which I'm still getting because it's to late to cancel.) I was wondering if you wanted some of the crystals when I get them this week.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I would love some, but have no $ until mid September, can you hold $10 of them for me? Would that be ok or did you want to go 1/2 & 1/2, I could still afford that. I hate being broke all the time, but running a car, which is necessary for me, is costing a bit much, but gas prices are going down now (yeah!). Now it's the vet. I'm taking Titan in on Friday am, he has a dark gray circle that is growing on his side, have never seen anything like it, ever, so no idea what it is, but the fact that it's growing is not a good sign, plus the abcess under his side lip (the burned side) is growing back again. The vet took it out beg June and I medicated it for a month, thought it was gone & discovered it again just the other day, so just Titan to the vet. Seems every time I turn around there's another expense I have to cover...at least that little survivor's pension I get every month comes in handy. Next month that pension is going on the car for a check up! I've put it off for 3 months already for one thing or other.

So let me know if that's ok. And I'm looking forward to more pics of Thresh, she really is the cutest and growing so much!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I'll set aside 2 Gallons worth for you(12 OZ), if that's all you want/need. Stuff never goes bad, so just pay me what you can afford when you can and we call it even.

I saw about Titan. Poor kid. I hope he gets and feels better soon! If you have coconut oil, it can be used as an antibacterial on the skin, so maybe spreading a bit of that on whatever is going on might help him out a bit.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I would think that would be more than enough, I'll have to figure out what that would cost, but I can come over the weekend of Sept 14 to pick it up, I'll have gas! Plus time off. I'll let you know.

And I'll look into that for Titan, I've never had coconut oil before but will ask my sis, she always gets the best organic stuff, that's what her business is. Thanks for the input. I'm so hoping it's nothing serious. At least tomorrow I will have time with them, as I put their lights on at 6:20 this am (you should have heard the groans, if they had vocal cords, that is) and didn't get home until 5:30 pm, so they were a long time underneath the lights. At least they got their full dose of UVB, except Leo, he's in his hide, guess brumation is hitting him early.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So pictures, as promised.

SAM_0711_zps173da3c2.jpg

SAM_0715_zps5b7541dc.jpg

SAM_0719_zps0dd27dbf.jpg

SAM_0722_zps0c5baa92.jpg

SAM_0723_zps540ca28d.jpg

Shedding 3 legs, a tail and starting her head. Poor girl. :lol:

And yes, we recommend Coconut Oil at work for wounds on dogs and cats, and also Oil of Oregano. Both work very well, I saw pictures of a dog with a huge gash on their face from a fight, healed quick(1-2 weeks) with daily applications of oil of oregano and no scar.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
sweetiepie9":3pq2i6wg said:
They'll all be pleased to be spoiled! And I guess we all have our aches & pains to bear. I'm going to check out this "move free" that Lori was talking about, seeing as I don't drink coffee or any tea (water and skim milk only) maybe that will help the arthritis. I'm also talking to my doc about going onto insulin for diabetes, I'm starting to read bad things about the meds I've been taking for a long time, especially for the kidneys, so I see him on Oct 1, I'll see what he thinks.

Arya is going to think she's won a jackpot with all her new goodies!

Hi Deb. It's Glucosamine/Chondroitin. We have been getting the Kirkland Signature brand of that for awhile. It's from Costco, if you have one in your area and know someone that can get there. Also, try taking some calcium/magnesium and, Bill says, stay away from sugar. I know it's not easy, but try it. He used to have arthritis and God healed him from it. He got it back and God showed him how to keep it away. Most Docs say you can't heal it, but God can and does heal. It's His decision who to heal as I have a bit of it in my knees but it's not as bad as it was. There as always bad things about typical medications and that's why we try to stay away from them.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
It's funny. Thresh looks so much bigger in person that I can't believe Sorin is anywhere close to her size.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Boy, she sure is shedding, she's going to pop in colours and she's also going to have a huge growth spurt, you'll see!

Thanks Lori, I'll look into that.

Jolene, give her a bit hug from me, k?

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So for reference in size when she's on her rock, it's 12"x12" on the straight sides.

I also measured her last night and another 1/4 of an inch down, so she's over 14 now! :D Yesterday also marked me having her for 4 weeks.
It's gone by so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom