Tales of Fred the adventurer! - Updates 4/25/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I just wanted to make a 'blog' about my bearded dragon Fred.

He came to us on January 16th 2013, around 2PM. When I saw him, even though there were other babies in his tank, :love10: I knew he was the one I was going to take home that day... Of course the pet store guys gave us bad advice, so I'm so glad to have found this place, or else I would of gone on, still doing things wrong. (Thank you to those that helped me!) On the drive home, I was so nervous his little tiny container would slip from my hands and down to the ground, I also thought his container was a bit too small, (his tail was curled a lot) but, after a safe ride home, I held him until his tank was set up, then finally I put him in there, we put crickets in, but he just stared at us, after a little while he ate some. (Again, I was worried.)

Anyway, time for some pictures!

This is Fred on his first day home- So tiny!:
2wm18w5.png

I was very nervous and thought he stopped breathing when he was in this postion :shock: :
35cef4m.jpg

Fred, on his favorite basking spot, his cactus!(I'm actually wondering what I'm going to do once he outgrows it, he's on there like 24/7!):
2875ae.jpg

Fred, at the highest spot in his tank:
33061l3.jpg

Oh and his tank has changed since these pictures were taken! :wink: Oh and the pictures are small because they were taken with a iPad.

I love my Fred so much! :love5:

hoopyscoop":qlk9p9bu said:
herpgirl2510":qlk9p9bu said:
They are so cute when they are tiny... You worry about every little thing.
Definitely!

Fred is eating his crickets right now, when I took the cricket bin out, he started scratching at the glass trying to get the crickets! :lol:
He doesn't like salad, any ideas on how to make him like it a bit more? :dontknow: He's being his adorable self as usual. You can always tell when he wants crickets because he gives you this "Bring food to your master!" face! :eek:

To get Fred to eat some more veggies you can put crickets in his salad dish, or what I used to do and put reptiworms in Reptars salad and he eventually started eating salad. Try some squash too! They absolutely love it, but don't give tooooo much :D .

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks! :D

Pics in an hour... :) Yes an hour... I need some time to do a photoshoot!! :lol:

Anyway, my little sister bit me...AND LEFT A MARK! :shock: She has her baby teeth! But wow, it hurts... (I was trying to get hurt away from something and she bit my hand! :shock: ) I’m starting to think she’s half vampire. :shock: She HAS drawn blood once. (No, this didn’t just happen once, it’s happened ALOT. Especially in Febuary..)

Ahem, ending this post so my little models don’t need to wait any longer! (plus, I have to charge my ipad)

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well, my models decided it would be fun to just sit in one spot... So, I got a couple of pics, and I'm gonna get the rest that were promised in like 10-15 mins, because they will have moved around by then, leading to more interesting pics!

Fredericka:
wsnpl.jpg

^ Posing for mommy! :)

1zx45t4.jpg

^ "Get my better side!"

Oliver:
10pyqyp.jpg

^ His club house! :lol:
2n06a1h.jpg

^ Loving on his glass, the usual.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Fred and Oliver are so tiny! Such cute little babies!

Your sister reminds me of a quote from a movie: "Your horse bit me in the butt!" :lol:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":ty81jap9 said:
Fred and Oliver are so tiny! Such cute little babies!

Your sister reminds me of a quote from a movie: "Your horse bit me in the butt!" :lol:
:lol: That made me laugh so hard!!! :lol:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I’ve been extremely emotional this month, and what do I do? Go listen to sad songs, read sad things, and watch sad videos. Now I’m crying even harder. WHY.

I REALLY annoy myself sometimes. :roll:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I went outside to play with my dogs... My bigger one, Buddy, was running around with a round thing in his mouth, at first I was like “Oh it’s just his ball” But then I saw strange patterns and also that it wasn’t perfectly round, I waited for him to drop it. Then I went closer... It was a box turtle shell. :cry: I ran inside as fast as I could go, and I got some gloves and picked it up... It was dead, there was a hole in it’s shell and I’d rather not go into details (it was bad..). So I went around looking for a place to bury him, and I found a hole... At first, I thought it was a snake hole, but from closer inspection, it was a box turtle hole, (there weren’t any other turtles, I checked.) So I put him in there... And then I went up and stood on a chair trying to see if there were any more turtles... Then I look down because Buddy is looking at something, it was a toad, a beautiful one, a tan one with almost leopard print. I was NOT going to allow my dog to kill yet another innocent creature. I shoo’ed him away before he could get to the frog and I grabbed the frog (he peed on me... :bleick: ) And I so wish I could keep him but my turtle is using my only spare tank... :( So I let him free in a bush where my dog wouldn’t find him.

I feel terrible right now...For not noticing that poor turtle earlier before he died... Maybe I could’ve helped him recover? :(

Well... In other news:
My poor baby did a full body shed today... She was miserable! :(
She just kept wiggling around on the paper towels like a snake trying to get the shed off. :(

I just realized something... I have never seen Oliver shed! :shock: Maybe he’s like... A ghost beardie, and doesn’t need to shed? :lol: I don’t know.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
You're dog seems to get into a lot of trouble. What breed is he? A yellow lab?

Sheds are the worst. Jace is going through one on his back and Sorin on his tail.

Oliver wants to be a midget forever?

How big are your babies now?

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":1v700v55 said:
You're dog seems to get into a lot of trouble. What breed is he? A yellow lab?

Sheds are the worst. Jace is going through one on his back and Sorin on his tail.

Oliver wants to be a midget forever?

How big are your babies now?
He does, he is a german shorthaired pointer border collie mix.(Maybe a bit more) Both hunting dogs so... I used to have a dog that was MAJORLY mixed up, she was gorgeous, her name was Abigail Grace Noel. (Abby or Abigail for short. :lol: ) And she was brown and had “tiger stripes” She attacked my chihuahua and he was bleeding alot (My mom thought fast and had me get a towel and she pressed down hard to make it stop, and pretty much saved his life. I owe her alot for that.) so we gave her to my uncle who, BELIEVE ME, is a absoulte DOG LOVER! I know she is in a good home, and I can still visit her! We think she was a lab, and catahoula(look them up, THEIR BEAUTIFUL!) mix. My mom said she had a “high-prey-drive” We also got rid of her because she played too rough and after playing with her she gave me scratches and stuff, but she was the sweetest dog ever. But she didn’t know her strength, and she thought she was playing with my little dog. I am thankful my mom thought quick enough and that Paco (my chihuahua) is ok.
Ahem, sorry for blabbing on and on.. :lol:

Aww, poor babies! :(

I guess so!! :lol:

Honestly, I don’t know. :oops: I shall measure them after dinner... (Trying fish for the first time... Wish me luck. (It’s white king salmon. Apparently it was 65$ and was swimming in the ocean yesterday. And I told my dad to cook it all the way because I was afraid of getting sick, and he’s like “Oh, this is so fresh you could eat this raw” And I’m like " :shock: You better give it to me cooked!” :lol: I’m pretty sure he was joking... Or atleast I hope so... :shock: )

I was browsing the forums when I happened upon your thread and read all of it from the beginning to now and I have to say that your babies are so adorable! :) I've had my little girl for right at a month. :) I too have been going through a rough patch as far as my emotions go. I was in an accident back in May and my insurance won't cover it so I will have to pay out of pocket and my only escape has been taking care of my dragon. Its tough but trust me when I say, there's someone who has it worse than us. Best of luck with all of your animals!! :mrgreen:

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
haha i have a border collie mix and he gets in so much trouble all the time. then again so do all three of my dogs. i feel bad for the turtle but that's what dogs do. they hunt little animals and get all proud of it. just doing their dog duties. :)

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AstinGivens":1joodbce said:
I was browsing the forums when I happened upon your thread and read all of it from the beginning to now and I have to say that your babies are so adorable! :) I've had my little girl for right at a month. :) I too have been going through a rough patch as far as my emotions go. I was in an accident back in May and my insurance won't cover it so I will have to pay out of pocket and my only escape has been taking care of my dragon. Its tough but trust me when I say, there's someone who has it worse than us. Best of luck with all of your animals!! :mrgreen:
Wow, I’m really sorry about the accident. :( And thank you! I think their adorable too! :lol:
Thanks!

chastityx":1joodbce said:
haha i have a border collie mix and he gets in so much trouble all the time. then again so do all three of my dogs. i feel bad for the turtle but that's what dogs do. they hunt little animals and get all proud of it. just doing their dog duties. :)
Yeah, their just doing what they do. :lol:

I told Buddy I was mad at him and he rolled onto his back, which my mom told me was a submissive position. :lol: He IS a really sweet dog though, he’s very calm unless he’s with my chihuahua, who makes him hyper. :lol: Maybe I should get him a chew toy...That moves. :lol:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
There is a bird trapped in my screened in porch. The door is wide open and I’ve taken the pool stick thing and tried to guide him. (I didn’t hit him, I just kind of got near him with it to the point where he would fly away hoping he would fly out the door.) I’ve tried cashews, water, and everything else. I have ABSOUTELY no idea what kind of bird it is, so I’m worried about leaving the cashews, but I think they would know if it was bad for them and avoid it? Trying to guide him by chasing him around resulting in him running into my glass door and hitting it with every thing he has. I give up. I’m out of ideas. I don’t know how to get that poor bird out of my porch, I’ve even left it alone for a while... He doesn’t understand that the door is right there and that he flies past it every time. I’ve tried researching what he is, with no success... The reason he got in is because my dog broke the screen on the door and the bird probably flew in thinking there was food. :( There’s also birds tweeting outside that sound just like him, and everytime he hears them he replies with the same sound. :(

I don’t want that little bird to die there. :cry: What do I do?

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
hoopyscoop":3azswynp said:
There is a bird trapped in my screened in porch. The door is wide open and I’ve taken the pool stick thing and tried to guide him. (I didn’t hit him, I just kind of got near him with it to the point where he would fly away hoping he would fly out the door.) I’ve tried cashews, water, and everything else. I have ABSOUTELY no idea what kind of bird it is, so I’m worried about leaving the cashews, but I think they would know if it was bad for them and avoid it? Trying to guide him by chasing him around resulting in him running into my glass door and hitting it with every thing he has. I give up. I’m out of ideas. I don’t know how to get that poor bird out of my porch, I’ve even left it alone for a while... He doesn’t understand that the door is right there and that he flies past it every time. I’ve tried researching what he is, with no success... The reason he got in is because my dog broke the screen on the door and the bird probably flew in thinking there was food. :( There’s also birds tweeting outside that sound just like him, and everytime he hears them he replies with the same sound. :(

I don’t want that little bird to die there. :cry: What do I do?

wait until night. if he's still stuck he'll go to sleep somewhere. toss a towel over him and release him. sounds simple in theory but he'll probably be on his guard. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom