Taking care of hunter during football season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
Two a days are coming up real soon which means pretty much my summer vacation ends 2 weeks earlier then everybody else. This part of the year becomes very difficult to take care of hunter since I'm out of the house before he wakes up and I don't get back home until he is asleep or to late to do anything with him. I should manage during 2 a days since I think it's starting at 8 this year but once school starts it's going to be an other story. Last year hunter lost a lot of weight and started showing signs of MBD (shaking and weakness) because I could not feed him properly. My mom agreed to feed him last year however did not work out that well. When I got home and asked her "what did you feed him" I get a "oops".

I'm looking for help on how to take care of hunter this year when I'm gone at school for 17 hours. I've tried feeding him before I leave last year but it's a lot harder then it sounds.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I wish I had some advice. I don't. My girls don't seem to want to eat when I have the time to feed them. Thankfully, my husband is home all day when I work so he makes sure they eat, whether they want to or not.

Lori

Erica582

Hatchling Member
Well definitely buy an automatic light timer, so it can turn the lights on an doff for you. These are like $10 at hardware stores. Do you live with anyone? You could consider paying someone $5 a day or something to come in and feed him if you realllly had too...

Sunshinessmile

Hatchling Member
I don't know how you feel about waking up, But maybe adjust hunters schedule by an hour... Have the lights come on just before you get up, leave your self extra time in the morning to feed, at least you know mornings are taken care of. See if you can convince some one to do dinners... maybe you could feed worms for these two weeks and divided up the amount you want fed for that night... so all you mom would have to do is place the container with the worms in to a feeding dish...

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
Try putting a ceramic bowl of worms and his salad in his tank before you leave for school. I found ceramic dishes keep supers in the bowl instead of them crawling out. I also use them for roaches. If his lights are on a timer and he has food in his tank, he should be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom