taking beardie oveseas

Status
Not open for further replies.

plr

Has anyone ever taken a beardie overseas with them? (US to Europe?) Just wondering how the dragons do and how difficult customs can be if we relocate. I moved 2 dogs from Australia to US with no problem, but am a little concerned about a reptile. Any thoughts?

Adamb

I travel alot, but it differs with every country's custom regulation. In any case you would need a healh certificate authorized by an aprooved veterinarian. Depending on the country, they can hold you animal for quarintine... which can be months, but I'm sure you know about that. If your going from hear to the U.K i know it isn't that big of a deal as the reptile trade between England and U.S is thriving. Just make sure you check the regulations for the specfic country.

In the repiles case. A 10 to 20 hour flight can be quite brutal possibly fatal. Assuming all goes well he/she will hopfully recover in a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom