Taking a beardie to the beach in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
I know I'm a bit early with getting excited for the summer but have any of you ever taken your beardie to the beach? Ever get yelled at? If possible I'm totally taking bandit to north avenue beach in Chicago and freaking out everyone :twisted:

Killzone3265

Juvie Member
i plan on taking skittles around everywhere with me. i cant wait until im out of school, thats when i'll be hopefully getting a blue iguana or water monitor.

bumblebee

Juvie Member
I did take my beardie to the beach last summer. It was actually Lake Superior, and it wasn't very warm and it was very humid (like 70+% :shock: ). I did not like having him there (the humidity was scaring me), and he spent most of the time in his carrier. So definitely check the weather before you go, and keep in mind that it's usually pretty humid that close to the water. I know that some people take their beardies to the beach successfully, but I'm not sure I'll do it again. There were very few people there, so no one to really yell at us. Just check to see if pets are allowed, and I don't think anyone can really have a problem with her. Obviously don't let her go around harassing people either :lol:

jezwolf175

Sub-Adult Member
I plan on taking Fafnir to some sort of beach (maybe in L.A because San francisco is pretty cold even in summer). I don't know about the salt water however...

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
keep in mind the amount of foot traffic there and how well your beardie is when there is a lot going on around him or her.
If your beardie has never gone out with you to a public place he may not enjoy this experience at all.

It took a good portion of the summer to get Mr Dargon socialized. now he loves going on "adventures" and doesn't mind when people come up to pet him. in the beginning he would hide in my hair.

bring a pet carrier for them to hide in, keep them on a harness or some kind, and watch out for the birds.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have one of your leashes :) I wouldn't let her go past arms reach. She's been out. She hides in my sweaters though lol I'm going to start slow with probably a park then a private beach and then maybe a bigger one

joea

Hatchling Member
I think it would be cool to "hang out" with Kirbi :love5: at Blacks Beach.
43_zps4a8d4ef3.gif

Crisandre

I wouldn't dare to take Saphira with me on the beach here in Southern California. There are too many seagulls that are big, aggressive, and they have no shame. They steal your food even when you try to hide it. They dig under your towels or in your bags if they smell that you have food in there. I am terrified at the possibility that one of them could snatch my baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom