tail waving

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Has anyone else seen their dragons tail "wave" When i put Spot out in the sun, her tail rises and bit and slowly moves back and forth. Is this due to heat? Is she too hot? She isn't gaping, I just want to make sure that she is comfortable. She doesn't black heard or show any stress marks during this either. I've been trying to keep her outside for 1-2 hours a day. I think my MVP needs to be replaced and I am working on the funds for that, so in the meantime I am giving her as much natural sunlight as possible. If you haven't read "Passing On Spot" then that might not make sense.. but any input would help.

Thanks!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
My youngest beardie Bobble he is a tail wagger. Usually before he strikes at something. If a beardie comes near his viv he starts wagging it. Or if hes after a feeder he does it. Never seen him do it outside.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I was wondering if it was something like that cuz she did it yesterday too, right before she started eating some dandelion greens, but today when she did it, she was in a plastic tote (I was doing some yardwork and didn't want to lose her). She was just sitting there, looking around and waving her tail. Like I said, as long as it isn't a sign of discomfort, I'm not worried about it. Since we wasn't gaping, black bearding or showing any stressmarks, I might just take it as enjoyment.

Thanks for the input!

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
I'm not sure about the wagging, but I know they curl their tails up when they're hunting. I know mine do it when they're excited too.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I've gone through the many beardies expressions now.. I've seen arm waving, black bearding, pancaking, puffing up, gaping, glass dancing.. but this is the first I've seen the tail waving. Yet to see head bobbing either, but that's besides the point. So far no negative comments, that's a plus.

Frito

Hatchling Member
it may be like head bobbing to show dominance, i say this because one of my females did that to my other female when she jumped into her cage the other day.

they had a stare down for a min while Sandy was hand waving Lizzy whipped her tail back and forth once and at that point i took sandy out and back into her cage, then Lizzy head bobbed right afterward even though Sandy was already out of sight :D

and yes they are both females and both have head bobbed at each other at least once lol :)

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Ours wiggles it just like a dog i have a video of it some place i had never seen one do it before.

Heres one i have several of them at different times and days where he does this too. About mid ways he really starts it.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
haha that was awesome. I love how he seriously wags his tail back and forth. Quite the impressive black beard too. Your guy is quite active.. running around, head bobbing, black bearding, glass dancing and tail waving all at the same time!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Yeah he went hormonal at a very early age... he went from baby to full blown teen at 5 months old... We keep him under lock and key hes very agressive. Hes ok to pet and hold but he will give you the stink eye some times that makes you wonder if hes going to bite you.

This is really funny! I have a dragon a lot like your male, same color and behavior. My housemate has a dragon the color of the female, who also seems similarly behaved. My dragon goes to the point of not eating because he's so distracted by the female. He'll run around the viv head bobbing and glass dancing, and be too distracted to eat when he's in the right mood. He isn't aggressive at all toward humans though.

This is really funny! I have a dragon a lot like your male, same color and behavior. My housemate has a dragon the color of the female, who also seems similarly behaved. My dragon goes to the point of not eating because he's so distracted by the female. He'll run around the viv head bobbing and glass dancing, and be too distracted to eat when he's in the right mood. He isn't aggressive at all toward humans though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom