Tail Spinning, Scratching, Gaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjaimeebles

I've had a juvie girl for a couple months now. She's about 5 months old.
When I pick her up, she sometimes violently spins her tail.
She also will try to scratch and scratch her way out of my hand (which is so painful I've had to put her down more than once)
And also when I pet her beard, she sometimes opens her mouth for a few seconds and then shuts it.
She's never hissed at me or bobbed her head at me. She doesn't seem to ever wave either. I'm trying to read her body language, but she doesn't seem to do any of the common displays.

**She recently had a big growth spurt, and I have very small hands so I'm wondering if maybe I'm not supporting her well enough when I pick her up. And she also has parasites right now (I received her that way, we're treating them this week), so I'm wondering if that may be why she is opening her mouth, or if she is displaying aggression towards me. Thanks!

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
They do not like feeling unbalanced. If you pick her up, always make sure you have your hand underneath her behind. She shouldn't get so scared, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom