JoLo

Got beardie 6 weeks ago.

Here's his tail on 8/29
111996-3730698866.jpg

Here it is on 8/31
111996-2716592611.jpg

And here it is today
111996-6250801384.jpg

He sustained an injury to his tail a week ago but the location was dark beforehand (2nd photo). I'm treating it (betadine, Neosporin (non-pain relief)). His mood and appetite are totally normal.

I'm wondering if this is a normal coloration change, tail rot, or a combination. Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi, yes unfortunately it looks like it in the last pic. You may need to have that amputated a little way up from the thin part ends + the healthy area begins. Do you have a reptile vet ? BTW, amputation isn't too traumatic for them, they often are acting fine the same day.

JoLo

Original Poster
Are you saying the part from the wound to the tip looks like rot or all the dark area? Thanks. I don't yet have a vet.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, the part that's shriveled up. The thing with tail rot is that sometimes , but not always, it continues to spread up under the scales so it may be traveling up now without it being obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom