Tail bent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hestia

Hi, I've been watching and worrying about my dragons tail for a while and I can't stand it anymore, I have to ask if there's something wrong.

tumblr_nqmuqzsWIR1ra40qwo3_400.jpg

tumblr_nqmuqzsWIR1ra40qwo1_400.jpg

It doesn't seem to bother her but I'm still worried. I don't know if she maybe had a shed problem or tail trauma because I didn't get her as a baby...

Here's some glamour shots as well
tumblr_nqj99qzeyN1ra40qwo3_540.jpg

tumblr_nqj8qrNmBy1ra40qwo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nqj8qrNmBy1ra40qwo2_540.jpg

tumblr_nqj8qrNmBy1ra40qwo2_540.jpg

-----
How old is your dragon? - Roughly 11 months
How long have you had your dragon? - Almost a month
How long is your dragon? - Not sure, I would estimate size at sub adult compared to the 7 year old male a friend owns
What is the sex of your dragon? - My bet is female, haven't been able to formally sex her
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? - It's at least a 40gal
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? - Towels
Do you use UVB lights? - Yes!
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? - Mercury vapor,
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? - i think it might be Flukers brand (it's from the previous owner)
How old is your UVB bulb? - Not sure, going to replace it as soon as I have the money just to be safe
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? - I would say about 8 inches from her hammock
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? Is it a white or colored bulb? - I don't use a separate one
What are the basking temps? - around 115, she normally sits closer to the middle of the terrarium
What is the cool side temp? - 85
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? - I have a stick-on for the hot side and another for the cooler side, I know that's not the most accurate
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? - My hot side thermometer 2-3 inches above where she can bask and it usually reads little under 120, so i estimate based off that at the moment
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? - nooo
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. - Flukers juvenile medley of pellets and freeze dried mealworms, crix and locusts, just got another container of just freeze dried crix, planning on feeding her semi-live after my current roommate leaves. I give her access to them about every other day. For veg it's an offering of collard greens nearly every day, with optional treats (so far ive had apple, celery, grapes and raspberry) to entice her into eating them. thankfully shes starting to eat them on her own so I won't have to give her treats all the time
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? - I give her constant access to food from around 11am to 8-9pm when i bathe her and take out the food she didn't eat. If I'm home during the day I mist her greens until the remainder are gross and then I remove them.
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? - the freeze dried crix are said to be gutloaded but I don't put too much stock in that.
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? - I just bought calcium with no phosphorous with D3 but now I'm reading D3 isnt awesome for them so idk what to do
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? - She usually poops every day when i give her a bath like clockwork (doesnt like to poop in her cage, shes done it twice all month and both days i missed her bath. she also poops to get out of the tub so theres that) she didn't poop today though.
Do you bath your dragon? How often? - Every day! she gets upset if she doesnt have a washcloth to stand on though.
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? - she has a two-part shallow water dish that I try to change at least once or twice a day, ive recently began misting her and her perches because her urate isnt very white. she refuses to drink bath water and gets mad when i drip water near her face
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? - Nope
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? - No!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....she does look quite glamorous despite the wee bit of tail trauma. It's just a harmless little nip from the past and should pose no health problem. She looks fit + healthy. :) If I can make a few suggestions.....position the MVB do that it's just a bit higher and the temp. on the basking spot tops at about 105. Most sub adult/adult dragons won't bask at higher temps. than that.....105 even being the high range. And it's great that she eats veggies + fruit.....just add more of the leafy greens like turnip, mustard, dandelion and a variety of squash. Apples should be fed sparingly, the green veggies are the power house foods. If she really likes apple, you can cut/grate thin pieces + mix with the greens. As for the calcium powder, it would be best to get the kind without D3 since you use a mercury vapor bulb but keep the one with D3 you already have to still use once a week.

hestia

Original Poster
AHBD":2g91lycu said:
Hi there....she does look quite glamorous despite the wee bit of tail trauma. It's just a harmless little nip from the past and should pose no health problem. She looks fit + healthy. :) If I can make a few suggestions.....position the MVB do that it's just a bit higher and the temp. on the basking spot tops at about 105. Most sub adult/adult dragons won't bask at higher temps. than that.....105 even being the high range. And it's great that she eats veggies + fruit.....just add more of the leafy greens like turnip, mustard, dandelion and a variety of squash. Apples should be fed sparingly, the green veggies are the power house foods. If she really likes apple, you can cut/grate thin pieces + mix with the greens. As for the calcium powder, it would be best to get the kind without D3 since you use a mercury vapor bulb but keep the one with D3 you already have to still use once a week.
That's a huge relief, thank you! She does have a much lower basking platform than the hammock and I'll check to see what that temp is, if it's still too hot I'll make some adjustments. :D
I'm hoping to get some squash soon, still trying to figure out what she likes because the only green she got from her old home was green beans lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom