Tail a different color???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how old Spike is, but he is 8 inches long. After his last shed (which I was completely amazed by the big pieces of skin he let go) his tail is not quite the same color as the rest of his body. He is dark with some hints of orange, but his tail is like a dull version of it, like if he was about to shed but didn't. I am worried that is a sign of something more serious!! Please help me understand!!! And if anybody has any idea of how old he could be based on his size I would appreciate it even more!!
Thanks
Abi

Seven65

Juvie Member
It's possible that it may still need to shed, but it's also quite common for the tail to be a bit less vibrant in colour that the rest of the body, that's the case with my dragon. I don't think you should worry too much about it.

msmaui

Juvie Member
Hi. I wouldn't worry too much about the tail being a darker color. I've worried about Kookie's tail also because it's a little darker but the longer I have him it seems completely normal. As to the age, I would guess your dragon to be approximately 3 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom