Syringe feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys figured I would ask I did some research about it.
My female beardie is being syringe fed with critical care (herbivore/carnivore) with baby food. I was wondering if there would be a way to incorporate bugs/veggies/greens in a puree sorta like grinding/mashing it all together. I read someone was using their blender and/or even just chopping veggies and greens in to it for a mix with/without critical care. My thought would be maybe if I can get the taste of veggies greens and bugs maybe down the line she would get a taste and perhaps decide to eat them on her own. As of right now she is just very scarcely eating a bug or greens here and there so the vet decided to continue feeding by syringe

Any thoughts and advise is appreciated

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Use a blender and add a pinch of calcium D3 in --- the critical care is really good it provides all the vitamins etc in it along w/ that carnivore is the bugs - is she eating from the syringe ? Have you tried letting her lick off the spoon? You can always add a drop of honey into your veggies -- they like sweet

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":8hh3fzoi said:
Use a blender and add a pinch of calcium D3 in --- the critical care is really good it provides all the vitamins etc in it along w/ that carnivore is the bugs - is she eating from the syringe ? Have you tried letting her lick off the spoon? You can always add a drop of honey into your veggies -- they like sweet
She wasnt eating and was a bit light so me and my vet decided to do the critical care and shes now at a weight where instead of 3-4 times a day its 1 to 1 1/2 times a day. She licks the mix/paste off her nose but to really feed her I have to do it by syringe she doesnt like it but she gained weight and likes the baby foods I use so she isnt as fussy as she was before about the syringe. I just thought it would be worth a shot to use the blender even if its just to chop her veggies/greens up she likes the sweet potatoe a lot with butternut squash to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom