Sydney's Outdoor Adventue

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who may not know, Syd is my special needs beardie with MBD and a broke back. She hasn't been outside in a while, it's been too cold. So, I was bored today and decided to make a harness for her out of fleece. Needless to say, she was not happy with me for that. She doesn't like her new warm coat yet and was a little ticked :evil: Plus, everytime the wind blew, she would puff and blackbeard...It was too funny and I thought I would share some pics. The harness is still a work in progress and I wouldn't suggest it if you have a "normal" beardie that likes to escape from them.

sydoutside003.jpg

sydoutside016.jpg

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah, it was so funny! :lol: She also started puffing when my son would walk near her too. Obviously, she kind of a mama's girl. Here's her cute puppy look! I can't believe how much she has grown and the way her colors have transformed since I got her!

This was in July of 08 right after I got her and found this site. I didn't know alot then and wasn't aware of MBD. Not too long after that, she developed her lump after she fell from that branch. It was only a 6-8 inch fall but the damage had already been done. I basically rescued her from the pet store with a calcium defiency and didn't know it.

Picture007.jpg

Now she has beautiful colors and is a happy girl!

sydoutside013.jpg

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
I'm curious.... what are the effects of her having a broken back? Can she not feel her tail or legs?

It's great that she's able to go outside and roam, though. I love her little coat! :mrgreen: She does look very furious, though....

The fury of Sydney! :twisted:

-- Jacqui

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Amazingly, she still has use of her back legs! They seem really weak though and I think she suffered nerve damage. She has learned to sit on her rump as well! :lol: It's funny when she does it but I try not to encourage her. I am working on getting her a new tank soon so she will have more room to turn around in. I think she is majorly stunted growth wise...she is about a year old i think and about 13 inches long. Here are some picks showing her "hump".

P1000031.jpg

And her sitting on her rump

Picture005.jpg

She was already small when I got her. Supposedly 6 months old and was 8 inches long. I don't think that was right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom