Swollen legs , sometimes has spasms

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes we are talking about the live insects , i only feed him live insects , thats the things they have i can choose out of
Ok so those wax worms should be fed sparingly long term use will cause liver issues -- staple feeders insects are dubia roaches --- crickets-- silk worms-- BSFL -- treat worms are meal worms those should not be fed to babies the exo skeleton is too harsh on the intestines - horn worms - super worms --

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Ok so those wax worms should be fed sparingly long term use will cause liver issues -- staple feeders insects are dubia roaches --- crickets-- silk worms-- BSFL -- treat worms are meal worms those should not be fed to babies the exo skeleton is too harsh on the intestines - horn worms - super worms
Well i got 30 of them today(wax moths) he ate 3today so 27 left till next friday , u think its okay to finish this delivery or should i buy some other food for him till i get other delivery ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Well i got 30 of them today(wax moths) he ate 3today so 27 left till next friday , u think its okay to finish this delivery or should i buy some other food for him till i get other delivery ?
I would feed them off every other day --- you dont want him hooked on those put them on top of his salads -- he needs a staple insect tho--- is that the only insect / worm you have?

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I would feed them off every other day --- you dont want him hooked on those put them on top of his salads -- he needs a staple insect tho--- is that the only insect / worm you have?
Yes so as i said every week i get 1 type of live insect for 7 days to feed from , but if its bad i can try to find maybe some other food , not much of a choise here in Lithuania tho , crickets i can buy whenever if needed tho , about worms i dont know , in fishing stores maybe i can find some sort of worms

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes so as i said every week i get 1 type of live insect for 7 days to feed from , but if its bad i can try to find maybe some other food , not much of a choise here in Lithuania tho , crickets i can buy whenever if needed tho , about worms i dont know , in fishing stores maybe i can find some sort of worms
worms I would stay away from the fishing stores - please look on line where you live to see where you can get some of these things I have mentioned - crickets are ok they are a pain in the butt - ordering on line is cheaper than buying from a pet store -- are you getting this stuff from a pet store that you get every 7 days - I would google to see what comes up for live insects for bearded dragons where you are

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
worms I would stay away from the fishing stores - please look on line where you live to see where you can get some of these things I have mentioned - crickets are ok they are a pain in the butt - ordering on line is cheaper than buying from a pet store -- are you getting this stuff from a pet store that you get every 7 days - I would google to see what comes up for live insects for bearded dragons where you are
Ok ill try to find something online
Its a exotic creatures online store , they sell reptiles snakes spiders etc..
If you go to the link its all live insects they have

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok ill try to find something online
Its a exotic creatures online store , they sell reptiles snakes spiders etc..
If you go to the link its all live insects they have
Dubijos tarakonai (Blaptica dubia)
Gyvi naminiai svirpliai (Acheta domesticus)
Peru juodvabaliai (Zophobas morio) super worms here in the US feed every other day 2-3 treat worms --- get smalls for now
NO hissing cockroaches please --- please dust the insects w/ calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated ---- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding - your dragon should be eating 10-15 dubia roaches per feeding appropriately sized - too big of an insect he will get impacted -- I am sorry they dont carry BSFL -- see if you can google them and get them shipped to you -- those are great for babies --

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Dubijos tarakonai (Blaptica dubia)
Gyvi naminiai svirpliai (Acheta domesticus)
Peru juodvabaliai (Zophobas morio) super worms here in the US feed every other day 2-3 treat worms --- get smalls for now
NO hissing cockroaches please --- please dust the insects w/ calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated ---- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding - your dragon should be eating 10-15 dubia roaches per feeding appropriately sized - too big of an insect he will get impacted -- I am sorry they dont carry BSFL -- see if you can google them and get them shipped to you -- those are great for babies --
Every time i feed him i dust the food with calcium , if i dont he wont eat it 😀 dont have any other vitamins for him than calcium , ok i will order some dubias and those worms , crickets are too annoying 😀 cant find any bsfl here only dry bsfl available

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Cant find small of these they are all sold as up to 4cm size is that okay?
No those are too big - you want them smaller than 1.5 inches for now as he grows up to around 4-5 months he should be able to eat the 1.5 inch worm -

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Every time i feed him i dust the food with calcium , if i dont he wont eat it 😀 dont have any other vitamins for him than calcium , ok i will order some dubias and those worms , crickets are too annoying 😀 cant find any bsfl here only dry bsfl available
He is needing calcium the UVB you are using now is preventing him from absorbing and utilizing the calcium -- have you ordered the UVB?

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
NO hissing cockroaches please
I'M asking: What exactly is wrong with hissing cockroaches?
It is clear to me that adult ones, or even larger nymphs are ways too big as feeder. But is there anything bad about them in general?
I'm asking as I bought some hissing cockroaches (the bigger ones to keep as pets) a while ago and was feeding the smaller ones (not larger than dubias he was eating so far) to my dragon, as I found online on many websites that nymphs (young ones) of hissing cockroaches can be used as feeder.
Generally, I might repeat this especially in case the hissing cockroaches I keep as pets breed, but won't do so of course if there is any problem with their nutritional value or such.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I'M asking: What exactly is wrong with hissing cockroaches?
It is clear to me that adult ones, or even larger nymphs are ways too big as feeder. But is there anything bad about them in general?
I'm asking as I bought some hissing cockroaches (the bigger ones to keep as pets) a while ago and was feeding the smaller ones (not larger than dubias he was eating so far) to my dragon, as I found online on many websites that nymphs (young ones) of hissing cockroaches can be used as feeder.
Generally, I might repeat this especially in case the hissing cockroaches I keep as pets breed, but won't do so of course if there is any problem with their nutritional value or such.
Not sure about the nutritional value just that we have had a couple of people on this board that was feeding them they were adult roaches along w/ the dragon itself and they ended up getting choked to death by the roach -- it was horrible - since then I have had people shy away from feeding them - they seem to be more of a aggressive roach --

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Thank you for your answer. No, I would never feed an adult hissing cockroach as for me it's obvious that's ways too big. I have adult ones (only as pets!), they are about as big as a mouse... (which I also would not feed to my dragon despite some people do). I could really imagine what happened :(
Regarding being aggressive: I haven't found them to be more aggressive than dubias, means: haven't seen them being aggressive at all. The large ones are hard, the small ones are soft like dubias.

I would thus personally not be against feeding small hissing cockroaches, but (!) when having to order them and not planning to keep some as pets (in a separate terrarium), I would say rather not buy them - as one might end up with getting big ones delivered, and then, what to do with them?
Despite I'm fine with feeding insects to other animals, I'm against killing an insect "for nothing", and I would find it not okay to order hissing cockroaches and having to kill and throw away the too large ones as not wanting to keep them as pets.

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
He is needing calcium the UVB you are using now is preventing him from absorbing and utilizing the calcium -- have you ordered the UVB?
It was very late when we talked about it now its 7in the morning here and i will order it now

Attachments

• 20240419_202820.jpg
    20240419_202820.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 18

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom