Swollen legs , sometimes has spasms

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok i will get the right one , about the sand i think he likes it when he goes to sleep he snugs into the sand so cute dugs in abit to get more comfy 😀 i dont think he drinks water tho never saw him do it , so i bath him twice a week luke warm water not too deep sometimes he drinks abit from bath , or sometimes i give him some water drops with syringe on his mouth and he drinks it , dont know how much water he needs
The sand is not good - get him a hide w/ a soft fleece blanket to put in it - your scent on the blanket will get him used to you - they get their moisture from the salads you feed - rinse the green before serving add your BSFL on top --- please give the water very slowly out of the syringe - you dont want him aspirating-- you can tell if your dragon is dehydrated if the poop is dry and no moisture to it - urate will look chalky and dried out looking - it needs to be formed white and moist

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
100w 75w or 50w basking lamp?
start w/ a 100 watt unless you have a real small tank like 20 gallon then your going to need a lower wattage its going to get too hot
24w is 57cm and 39w is 87cm my terrarium is 100x40 which one should i get ?
how tall is the tank -- i have 39 inches x 15 inches x ? You want the 24 watt bulb 12 % of which I posted - you dont want a tank 16" tall you need at least 18 inches 24 would be the best for height -- a tank 4x2x2 is good for an adult dragon -

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
start w/ a 100 watt unless you have a real small tank like 20 gallon then your going to need a lower wattage its going to get too hot

how tall is the tank -- i have 39 inches x 15 inches x ? You want the 24 watt bulb 12 % of which I posted - you dont want a tank 16" tall you need at least 18 inches 24 would be the best for height -- a tank 4x2x2 is good for an adult dragon -
30cm tall

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
The sand is not good - get him a hide w/ a soft fleece blanket to put in it - your scent on the blanket will get him used to you - they get their moisture from the salads you feed - rinse the green before serving add your BSFL on top --- please give the water very slowly out of the syringe - you dont want him aspirating-- you can tell if your dragon is dehydrated if the poop is dry and no moisture to it - urate will look chalky and dried out looking - it needs to be formed white and moist
He doesnt really eat salads first week he tryed some but now i always put some in the bowl when i leave for work and every time i come back its untouched
Usually when i come from work he had been pooped already so the poop is dryed out , but once i saw him poop so it was soft and wet

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
30cm tall
ok so thats 11 inches --- your 24 watt UVB will work but it will haft to sit completely on top of the tank you can have it set perpendicular across the tank w/ that distance -- the 100 watt is going to be too hot get a 50 watt and a 75 watt but please make sure you have those digital probe thermometers -- is it a 30 gallon tank thats the measurements I am getting

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He doesnt really eat salads first week he tryed some but now i always put some in the bowl when i leave for work and every time i come back its untouched
Usually when i come from work he had been pooped already so the poop is dryed out , but once i saw him poop so it was soft and wet
Ok thats good on the poop -- those BSFL are going to get him to the salad bowl - his main diet is insects but you want him eating some salads -- what are you feeding him now?

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
ok so thats 11 inches --- your 24 watt UVB will work but it will haft to sit completely on top of the tank you can have it set perpendicular across the tank w/ that distance -- the 100 watt is going to be too hot get a 50 watt and a 75 watt but please make sure you have those digital probe thermometers -- is it a 30 gallon tank thats the measurements I am getting
Yes its 30gallons , what do you mean by saying 50watt and 75watt , i need 2 basking lamps ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes its 30gallons , what do you mean by saying 50watt and 75watt , i need 2 basking lamps ?
no please get one of each --- you want your surface basking temps 105-110 - w/ the 30 gallon tank the 100 watt is going to be too hot -- basking bulbs are trial and error w/ wattage-- your going to need to upgrade that tank but the time he is close to 7 months of age I am thinking - the small tank is good for now but he will quickly outgrow it especially when he really starts eating a lot

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Ok thats good on the poop -- those BSFL are going to get him to the salad bowl - his main diet is insects but you want him eating some salads -- what are you feeding him now?
we bought a package of food for him every week diffrent food arrives this week he has wax moths , last week he had turkestan cockrouches and week before he had crickets he eats 3/5 of them a day , i put all his food in calcium before he eats it , dont know will they give me next week , but every week is diffrent

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
no please get one of each --- you want your surface basking temps 105-110 - w/ the 30 gallon tank the 100 watt is going to be too hot -- basking bulbs are trial and error w/ wattage-- your going to need to upgrade that tank but the time he is close to 7 months of age I am thinking - the small tank is good for now but he will quickly outgrow it especially when he really starts eating a lot
Sorry im not understanding well 😀 so by saying that u want me to get both 50w and75w to check which one gives the right temp?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
we bought a package of food for him every week diffrent food arrives this week he has wax moths , last week he had turkestan cockrouches and week before he had crickets he eats 3/5 of them a day , i put all his food in calcium before he eats it , dont know will they give me next week , but every week is diffrent
ok wax moths????????? or do you mean wax worms???????? please look for these where you are
All Products
Insect Flight the bottom right are wax worms and should not be used as staple feeder - they are too fatty - the other stuff like the dubia roaches are good staple feeders the horn worms and super worms are treat worms -

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Sorry im not understanding well 😀 so by saying that u want me to get both 50w and75w to check which one gives the right temp?
yes trial and error once you get a bigger tank you will need to upgrade the wattage of the basking bulb - the UVB fixture will go right into your next tank ---

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
ok wax moths????????? or do you mean wax worms???????? please look for these where you are
All Products
Insect Flight the bottom right are wax worms and should not be used as staple feeder - they are too fatty - the other stuff like the dubia roaches are good staple feeders the horn worms and super worms are treat worms -
Wax moth worm 😀 ok ill tell them to cut of the wax moths , i can tell them whatever diet i want and every week they send me the food i found that its cheaper than buying everything sepperate , so if he doesnt like something from the diet we just cut it off

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Wax moth worm 😀 ok ill tell them to cut of the wax moths , i can tell them whatever diet i want and every week they send me the food i found that its cheaper than buying everything sepperate , so if he doesnt like something from the diet we just cut it off
Live insects are the best --- canned or dried stuff is not very good --- fresh salads --

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nohupics
Top Bottom