Swollen hind leg after laying :( *new pic*

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Hi everyone! So I was just posting last night about concerns over my young girl Scully laying...well she got through that fine! I came home from work today though and noticed her left hind leg is very swollen and it definitely is bothering her. I'm wondering if she sprained/strained/bruised it with all the digging she did? Maybe she kicked the side of the lay box too hard? She definitely did not have this problem while she was laying, but I did notice she was walking a bit stiff last night after she had finished.

Here's a pic from last night, you can see her foot looks normal

Here's a couple of the foot now. There's a discoloration of some kind to the right of her thumb claw. Could that be a bruise?

I've got some liquid calcium and serrapeptase on the way from Tracie. Until then is there anything I can do to help with the swelling? If it's not improved in a week I'll likely take her to the vet.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
I dont know of anything else you can do...maybe someone else will have some thoughts. You should take out anything that is high enough that she could fall off of out of her viv and give her a nice soft place to lay down.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well there doesn't seem to be much of a change in Scully's leg. I took another pic in better light. It definitely looks bruised. The serrapeptase I ordered from Tracie will get here on Thursday. I may still take her to the vet on Saturday...does anyone see anything different? Hopefully it's not broken :( She always has a blankie over her basking rock and a hammock, other than that nothing she can climb on, so she's not unnecessarily stressing it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Jennifer,

Poor Scully, her foot/toe is swollen! I hope she didn't break it.
She is a good sized dragon for only being 1 year old.
Is she eating pretty well right now & basking now?

Tracie

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Drache613":1f3rsm9j said:
Hello Jennifer,

Poor Scully, her foot/toe is swollen! I hope she didn't break it.
She is a good sized dragon for only being 1 year old.
Is she eating pretty well right now & basking now?

Tracie
Yes to both - as soon as she was done laying she was looking for food. She's been doing more basking than usual, I think that might be due to not wanting to move too much because of her foot. Outside basking and sunshine time too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom