Swollen foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So some of the old skin came off? How is his foot looking now, any improvements?
He is eating a little bit then, that is good. I hope he is doing well. Keep me posted on him.

Tracie

macattack

Original Poster
His scab opened today when I poked at it and some pus-like goo came out. We put some bacitracin on it and hopefully it will fall off in the next few days. It's healing up though! His other toes are back to normal, just one toe is swollen now. He's eating well still. He seemed like it felt better after it popped open to drain. I'm glad it's not gout. I hope it's only a locallized infection so maybe we won't even have to go to the vet. Fingers crossed!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news that it appears to not be gout. So, it is just a localized infection from an injury then. Keep it clean with diluted betadine along with antibiotic ointment daily. You don't have loose substrate right? If so, be careful as dirt can get in there & cause infection. So did it all get drained out?
Let me know if you need anything.

Tracie

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Just wanted to jump in here and say I recently posted a topic about Zander's foot swelling...it looks EXACTLY like what you've been describing. It's also gradually getting better. I've been washing it with Chlorhexidine from the vet 3x a day and neosporin at night. I'm not sure what it is either..but it definitely looks the same.

macattack

Original Poster
His scab is slowly falling off, we're keeping bacitracin on it so it stays cleaner. It had some pus at first but looks good now. His swollen toe looks a little better too!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great that his wound is getting better now! Continue putting the ointment on his foot & that should help the healing process continue for him.
How is his appetite doing?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom