Switching crix to greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
when should i start giving my beardie less live food and more salad? right now he gets a salad every day and crix everyday. then sometimes super worms if i get them(usually once or twice a month, i know, i should probably get them more...i will, i wil..lol) and wax worms about once or twice every other month. he really doesnt eat a lot of salad unless its dandylions. he doesnt rush to the bowl like many beardies, he just kinda pecks at it through the day(when he walks by he will eat a few peices then leave and repeat throughout the day). and when he gets his crix he go's insane with them! he eats a ton! when should i give less crix? should i give them everyday but only like 20 per day, or as many as he wants, but every other day?

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he is just over a year old. i used a new dish today, it doesnt have walls so he can see better and i used really colorful foods with all different colors. here is what i used today:

collard greens
blue berries
summer squash
green grapes(no seeds)
carrots

i got him to eat some carrot out of my hand then he walked away. im kind of concerned that he doesnt eat veggies because i hear all the time about beardies the same age running to the dish to eat when they put it in. mine barly looks over. he only eats when i put him right next to the dish and move it around. he also seems a *bit* lethargic latley. he doesnt run around that much for the past few weeks like he used too. he mostly just sits in his basking spot. he gets a bath about once a week(today) and i drip water on his head a few time per day with a spray bottle to give him water. so he shouldnt be dehydrated. he doesnt show and signs of it either. but, his eyes are almost "droopy" as in his bottom eye lid doesnt line up direectly with his eye. it sort of droops lower. its weird. i think he has always had it, and at his checkup last year(i need another in a months or so) the vet didnt say anything. like i said, im concerned about him not eating veggies that much. he will only have a few bited per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom