swelled eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Hullo folks! long time no posts!
I noticed today that little tots eye was slighty crusty, on further inspection its bloodshot in the corners and quite swollen.
Ive been away for a week camping so i only got back yesterday and noticed it today.
AND now i dont have a vet. She moved away to london and im not willing to go back to the other guy who said tiny was over weight. He knows very little of reptiles.

I do not use sand, etc...
But im wondering if there are any natural things i could do/ get from the pet shop?

Thanks guys!
Livey x

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Livey....I;m sorry to hear that the little guy's eye is swollen. What I've used with great success is raw [ must be UNpasteurized ] honey. In some countries [ the U.K may be one ], it's even approved for humans as a wound dressing. It's a natural antibacterial/ antibiotic, and it's safe on any wound, including the eye. What I did was mixed a tiny bit with warm water, applied 3X a day with a Q-tip and my little one's eye cleared right up. It may help yours as well.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Oh thank you! do you think they would sell it at a good food shop like a health shop?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, I'm sorry I should have explained that here in the U.S it can be bought at grocery stores or health food stores, but health food stores are more likely to carry it. Some grocery stores do, but others don't. You can call any health food store but be specific and mention that it must be raw, unpasteurized. Once it is heated for pasteurization, it kills the antibacterial/antibiotic properties. But you should be able to find it easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom