Sweet Sabrina, Our Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.
October, 2004 - May 31st, 2011

I have put this off longer than I should have but it's now time to write this very difficult Memorial for our special and very loved Sabrina. It's so hard to sum up her many years with us, they were all so memorable and will never be forgotten.

We purchased her from a local pet store and had her since she was about 6 weeks old. She was amazing and very smart. She loved doing things with us, car rides, going to garden centers, yard work, "supervising" as we redid our porch, dancing to her favorite song "Two and 1/2 men", whatever we did, was absorbed and enjoyed by her. She even did an arm waving game with her dad, she would move her front leg at a certain speed and a certain motion, he would have to follow her and she would try to change it so that he would mess up and then she'd get all excited knowing that she had won! She loved riding on a styrefoam plate and her dad would make motor sounds while moving the plate all around the table, she would tilt her head at him and I swear she was smiling. :p The facial caresses she gave us were so very touching, and she would do it sometimes 30 times and yet so gently. When she was very healthy, she would sit in my hands and wait for me to count to 3 and say GO, then dive in the water and swim as fast as she could to the other side of the sink, climb back out and wait to do it over again. If I didn't say GO, she would wait in my hands and look up at me just waiting for me to say that special word.

We believe she was so smart because when you're not able to do some things, it makes your other senses smarter. She was always thinking and never ceased to amaze us with her shenanigans and clever behavior.

Having to put her to sleep was one of the hardest decisions I had to make but we could tell that her quality of life had been taken away from her and she was showing signs of pain so I knew it was time. Her major health problems started when she was under bad MVB's, a total of 3 of them and because of that, her body wasn't able to metabolize what her body needed sufficiently and it affected her back legs which became wobbly at first and then progressed to the point where she wasn't able to use her back legs at all. She still continued to have her bright yellow colors and tried her hardest to continue to be happy and to try to improve but it came to the point where that wasn't possible any longer.

We will always remember her and she will forever hold a very special place in our hearts.

Picture1766-1.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

Picture2434.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

Picture5035.jpg

Picture1755.jpg

Picture4689.jpg

IMG_1337.jpg

Picture4835-2.jpg

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak and pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done, for this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand, but don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest, your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years, you wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go. Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end. And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see. I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me. Although my arm its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved. Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Author Unknown

rip_sabrina.jpg

(Thank you Gina for making me this comforting picture, I felt the need to post it here.)

Picture5231.jpg

R.I. P. Our Sweet Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom