Surface temp to hot - 100W Arcadia Halogen

Reggie1

Beardie name(s)
Reggie
Hey Everyone,

Sorry for being annoying I have done everything possible to not allow my basking light to get too hot. It quickly heats the basking spot to 120/125 which is way too hot. I can’t seem to keep it consistent. I have a thermostat but I would have to set it really low for it to just stay off. It’s the direct light on the basking spot it heats up so quick.

Should I downgrade to the attached? Any advice? Maybe a 75Watt globe?

Attachments

• 9922B9F9-9A0D-4A12-B9EA-473605AFE44D.jpg
    9922B9F9-9A0D-4A12-B9EA-473605AFE44D.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 71

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey Everyone,

Sorry for being annoying I have done everything possible to not allow my basking light to get too hot. It quickly heats the basking spot to 120/125 which is way too hot. I can’t seem to keep it consistent. I have a thermostat but I would have to set it really low for it to just stay off. It’s the direct light on the basking spot it heats up so quick.

Should I downgrade to the attached? Any advice? Maybe a 75Watt globe?
Trial and error w/ basking bulbs -- try it and see what you get for temps -- is the basking decor a slate or granite ? They tend to get really hot

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You can lower the wattage of the bulb, you can raise the bulb higher above the screen, use a light stand for that, or you lower the basking area (if you dragon uses the same area for uv i don't recommend that option)

Reggie1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reggie
Hey everyone!! I have got an Arcadia 75Watt bulb (see attached) the temperatures are 40 Celsius surface temp, 34/36 warm side of the tank. I have not checked the cool side as of yet but I will do that today when I get home.

Attachments

• 02181733-DF9D-48C9-8167-8A5EDE56A33E.jpg
    02181733-DF9D-48C9-8167-8A5EDE56A33E.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 52

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom