Suppliment question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addicted

Hatchling Member
I was wondering what you guys thought of my feeding regimen.I Don't supplement as much as suggested because i am weary of over supplementation.I do calcium and a multivitamin about once a week.The reason being i gut load the crickets with a constant supply of greens,veggies and a high calcium cricket feed,flukers.How does this sound to you?,The way i see it too much is as bad as not enough.

Jason.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Well, yes, you can overdo it, but you are nowhere near that..

I dust my crickets 5 days a week with calcium with d3, but I don't have an MVB. Then I use the multivitamins on the weekend. I understand this is pretty standard.

I feed veggies in the morning without any supplements (right now), then a few phoenix worms after work, then crickets in the evening. As she gets older, I will start supplementing her veggies, since she won't be eating so many insects.

Addicted

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I bought it on 7/23/08,and the bugger is growing so fast!!!.It was just a little hatchling when i got it.if you remember i am the one with the high basking temps(130) and a dirt substrate.I have since changed to indoor/outdoor carpet for a substrate since the dirt was not used at all,no dogging or burrows were made so i got rid of it.I may try it again at some point but as for now it was no use.I kept the basking temps because that is used daily,it seems to be thoroughly enjoyed.the darn thing still hates me though!open mouth beard flaring anytime i go near the bugger!..I Don't care though,i like a feisty critter!

Jason.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah, I remembered that you had the high basking temps. I have heard of some aggressive beardies when their temps were too high though, once they were lowered or accurate with a correct thermometer, the beardies really calmed down, would just like you to keep that thought in the back of your mind. :wink:

Back to the discussion of the calcium & vitamins, when mine were babies, I used the calcium 5 days a wk, 1 feeding a day and vitamins other 2 days a wk, 1 feeding a day, even though I fed high calcium greens and cricket food containing calcium. Since I have all adults now, I still gutload the crickets the same way but have cut the calcium for the beardies back to 3 days a wk and the vitamins 1 day a wk. I've never seen any sign of over supplementation with any of the 4 of them.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah, feeder insects, except Phoenix worms, have lousy calcium to phosphorous ratio and don't have complete nutrient. That is why when my bearded was smaller I dust with calcium 5 times a week and multivitamin 2-3 times a week, but only slightly just enough to coat the crickets. How much to supplement depends on how old your bearded are like the previous poster mentioned earlier. Growing babies seem to need more vitamins and calcium than adults because they are growing very fast.

Addicted

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the reply's,I think i will step up the supplements some.I will take some pics tonight,beardie is getting big!

Jason.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
We always enjoy pictures. A before & now picture(s) would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom