supplements and glass surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emjay22

I'm really tired and want to go to bed, so let's make this short and sweet.

1.) What different types of supplements do I need? I have a reptisun 10.0 bulb that is 9" away from the basking spot. My beardie is a 3 month old female.

2.) How many crickets should I feed her? How many times a day?

3.) I got my beardie two days ago. Any idea why she'd be glass surfing?

And 4.) She's also been rubbing her head on her branch that she likes to crawl on. Is this harmful to her? I think it means she's starting to shed, but will it hurt her?

. Before I got her I thought I knew everything I needed to know, but I saw this thing that said "25% of first time bearded dragon owner's beardies die in the first year they have them" and it kinda freaked me out a little! Thanks for reading!

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Emjay22":r8rk7gcr said:
I'm really tired and want to go to bed, so let's make this short and sweet.

1.) What different types of supplements do I need? I have a reptisun 10.0 bulb that is 9" away from the basking spot. My beardie is a 3 month old female.

2.) How many crickets should I feed her? How many times a day?

3.) I got my beardie two days ago. Any idea why she'd be glass surfing?

And 4.) She's also been rubbing her head on her branch that she likes to crawl on. Is this harmful to her? I think it means she's starting to shed, but will it hurt her?

. Before I got her I thought I knew everything I needed to know, but I saw this thing that said "25% of first time bearded dragon owner's beardies die in the first year they have them" and it kinda freaked me out a little! Thanks for reading!
I would feed her twice a day 30-40 crickets in each feeding,I’m not sure what glass surfing means it’s just something they do i take my dragon out everyday and he still does it. And has she shed recently? That may be why she’s rubbing her head

Emjay22

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply bmjo! When you say 30-40 crickets per feeding do you mean pinhead crickets? Because the ones I have are almost 1/2” big, and I feed her as much as she wants In 10 mins, or when she stops eating, whatever comes first. She usually only eats 5 or 6. When she glass surfs I usually pick her up and she falls asleep on my shoulder, so I guess it’s her way of telling me to pick her up?
Thanks!

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Emjay22":1gf9qo94 said:
Thanks for the reply bmjo! When you say 30-40 crickets per feeding do you mean pinhead crickets? Because the ones I have are almost 1/2” big, and I feed her as much as she wants In 10 mins, or when she stops eating, whatever comes first. She usually only eats 5 or 6. When she glass surfs I usually pick her up and she falls asleep on my shoulder, so I guess it’s her way of telling me to pick her up?
Thanks!
How old is she? You shouldn’t feed her anything bigger than the space between her eyes

Emjay22

Original Poster
Bmjo":ml68p9zr said:
How old is she? You shouldn’t feed her anything bigger than the space between her eyes

She is three months old. She's about 7.5 inches long and the crickets fit between her eyes easily. I guess there not 1/2 inch then :roll: :lol: :lol:
Do you know what kind of supplements I should use on them?

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Emjay22":36lluhkx said:
Bmjo":36lluhkx said:

She is three months old. She's about 7.5 inches long and the crickets fit between her eyes easily. I guess there not 1/2 inch then :roll: :lol: :lol:
Do you know what kind of supplements I should use on them?
98274-40168199.jpg
I use these calcium w d3 every feeding and i do multivitamin one day on the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom