Superworm question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDK241

Hatchling Member
I swear if I ever think of all these questions at the same time I'll post them all at once, lol. Ralph is 3 years old but only 15" long. I know you're supposed to wait until they are 16" to feed supers but odds are he's not going to get any longer so are they ok or not? He has a really hard time seeing his food and freaks out when he grabs the dubias wrong and they grab on to his mouth. He then spits them out and won't eat anymore. I put a newly shed mealworm down for him and he gobbled it right up. I'm not going to keep feeding him mealworms but he needs to gain weight and having him refuse to eat because the food scares him is not good. I'm planning on getting some repti-worms but would like to feed supers too occasionally.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
KDK241":1j8d83ur said:
I swear if I ever think of all these questions at the same time I'll post them all at once, lol. Ralph is 3 years old but only 15" long. I know you're supposed to wait until they are 16" to feed supers but odds are he's not going to get any longer so are they ok or not? He has a really hard time seeing his food and freaks out when he grabs the dubias wrong and they grab on to his mouth. He then spits them out and won't eat anymore. I put a newly shed mealworm down for him and he gobbled it right up. I'm not going to keep feeding him mealworms but he needs to gain weight and having him refuse to eat because the food scares him is not good. I'm planning on getting some repti-worms but would like to feed supers too occasionally.

Yes it will be fine. The 16" rule typically is used for younger dragons, but I believe that once they get past a year old, they should be able to take supers with no problem. Try to start slowly, just a couple a day and then slowly increase the amount. Watch how your beardie poops too. Right about when my beardie started eating supers, he went from a daily pooper to a every few days pooper.

KDK241

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks, I kinda thought so but just wanted to be sure. I'm only planning on using them occasionally anyway. Just something to change things up a bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom