superworm feeding schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Hey everyone, I just recently switched Spot's staple protein from crickets to Superworms. She is 13 months now and I am uncertain to how many Superworms she should be eating. Yesterday she ate 30 (and only that much because I cut her off) which I think is too much, but could be wrong. She is an excited eater with the superworms because they are way more active than the crickets.

Any insight will be helpful, thanks.

Loganator

Juvie Member
When I switched from crickets to superworms, Izzy initially ate a ton. Then gradually tapered off. He gained alot of weight in the beginning, almost too much. At a routine, "well dragon" vet visit, the vet said to back off because he was getting too heavy and could be a candidate for Fatty liver disease. But Izzy backed off on his own. He is now 13 months and 19 inches long and will eat 6-10 a day plus his greens.

By the way, I really like supers and will never go back to crickets or roaches. They are much cheaper (at our local pet store they are $2.99 for 50, $4.99 for 100), easier to keep (no care required), and very little die offs. Most of all, Izzy loves them!

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah, they're a tiny more costly than crickets when buying in bulk.. but there are a lot of benefits.. no smell, no noise, easier to maintain... not to mention they don't JUMP out of your hand and scurry to the nearest dark place.. at least not as fast at crickets. ans Spot seems to like them a lot more. Not to mention that if it's a busy day, I can toss them on her salad and go for the day.
Thanks for the information. I didn't want to feed her tooo many, which I know she will eat. Plus, I want to be sure she is still eating her greens.
Spot is 13 mo and about 17 inches and IN THE MIDDLE OF ANOTHER SHED.. which I thought she was fully done with.

I also just started feeding Merlin superworms. I'm still feeding him crickets also mostly just to use up the last order of crickets that I bought. He's voracious about the superworms but right now I'm limiting him on them to get him to eat some crickets too. He gets his salad and some crickets first thing in the morning and then later in the day, it's superworm time. I feed them to him one at a time and he actually snatches them from me. They must actually taste pretty good because they really bring out the dragon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom