supers keep dying what am i doing wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
i have about 500 supers in a rubber maid container with bran and oats mixed in and i have a screen lid and every other day i put a fresh carriot in there and there still dying in big numbers probally like 25 a day i have canged the bran and oats already i dont understand i thought i was doing them right could it possible be a bad supplier i got them from american crix ranch.....anyone got anytips???

chrismnc

Juvie Member
Maybe the carrots are not giving them enough hydration???? I have used carrots, but the potatoe and squash (it is everywhere now and cheap) last longer and they love the squash. Try giving them another veggie. I have also used apples. Good luck.

Question: How do you clean the container? I am just about ready to do that...

ThyDemise

Hatchling Member
that seems unusual. i get 500 at a time and split them up into 2 different containers on just oats, i have forgotten to feed them for a week at a time and i still only have one or two dead

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
i clean it with soap and water and i buy new oats and bran to go in there i never reuse... how do you clean it? and how often do you clean it ? when you use potato do u just give them half and how often do u change the potato?

chrismnc

Juvie Member
I change out the vegies every 2 - 3 days or they get moldy. I haven't cleaned my container yet... gotta do that soon. Don't really know how. ??????

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
yea i dont really know either when i do it i seprate the live from dead and then buy new bran and oats and clean the container with soap and water im not sure if thats how people do it or not so i cant tell you thats what u should do hopefully some one knows and will post something on here well thanks for everything though im going to give the potatos a try today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom