Sunray bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
hey there does anybody on here have experience with the sunray bulb? http://exo-terra.com/en/products/sunray_bulb.php

Is it a good source of UVA and UVB light?

And if so does it fit into this fixture? http://exo-terra.com/en/products/glow_light.php

I don't live in the US so i don't have access to reptisun or arcadia and ordering isn't an option for me right now since i'm running short on money and need to find a job in between school as fast as i can.
I was using tube UV lights til now but my fixture broke and it's a bit more expensive here to buy a new one so i need a temporary uv light.

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh man, I didn't want to buy another fixture. So it won't have any effect at all with the dome? ):

How about this bulb? http://exo-terra.com/en/products/reptile_uvb200.php i know it's a coil bulb i dislike those with a passion. Or there is still the solar glo but i have heard some negative reviews about that bulb plus they only have 80watt and up and that's a bit too much for my tank since i buy only low wattages 50 watts are optimal for my tank.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't have test info on the UVB200 but I know a few folks on here use them with success. You may want to ask kingofnobbys about placement and effective output. You'd still need a basking bulb in addition.

The test data I've seen from the Solar Glo bulbs (higher wattage 125w) shows a relatively weak output and narrow beam that isn't all that impressive. Out of the two you may be better off with the UVB200. If you get to a point financially where you can get the Sunray and fixture that would be your best bet out of these options I think.

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you. :) yes i do have a heat bulb too. The fact is I got 2 light domes. since i got 2 tanks. One at home and one at my boyfriend with who i live with troughout the school year (and i got my dragon at his place too) and since the light dome i got at home right now isn't used in any way I'd want to use it as a temporary light fixture for a uv light.
It's literally impossible to find a part time job as a student with 7 hours of school every day haha.

Edit: also would a repti glo coil bulb be okay too? ( i have heard some mixed reviews about these bulbs too)

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
The Sunray are supposed to be good bulbs - being metal halides like cooper mentioned they need a special fixture however they have the most "sunlike" spectrum available and thus would give a more natural colored light (visible and UVA). The reviews of seen of them suggest the effective basking area is pretty small though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom