Sunning and Bathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
I have learned that my little Chaos LOVES to sit outside in the sun. He and I have been going out everyday and waiting for my daughter to get off the bus. I know that natural sunlight is good for them, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't giving him too much of a good thing. :) As long as it is nice and sunny we sit out there for about 15 minutes on weekdays.

Chaos also loves his bath. How often can I saftly bathe him? I usually leave him in there until he looks ready to get out. Which is normally about 5 minutes. :)

Thanks guys!
Jen and Chaos

spyder86

Hatchling Member
Can never give you beardy to much natural sun light, and for bathing it is up to you really as long as you give him on at least two to tree times a week.

wizbee

Juvie Member
I live in Florida and Boga was an outdoor cage (see avatar pic) she spends hours in there. Make sure to provide shade for cooler side and I include a shallow water dish she soaks in there too. When bathing for hydration 15-20 minutes with their vent in the water is common.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You really don't have to give your beardie a bath more then once per week, and the main reason for this is to get them hydrated. Bathing your beardie more often isn't bad but it isn't necessary.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great that your beardie is able to get some sunshine quite often, he must love that. That's very healthy for him and 15 minutes is fine. Bathing is great too and 15 to 20 min is great for hydrating them. You can do it as often as you like, especially if he loves baths as our beardies do. With babies, it's a good idea to give them baths 3 to 4 times a wk because they can get dehydrated very quickly. I've learned over the years, that it also helps increase their appetites when they are well hydrated. Always be sure to put a washcloth or something similar down in the bottom of the sink or container to keep them from sliding around which helps them feel more secure.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds like you have one spoiled beardie! :D

Can't have too much sun. 8) If you ever have him out for more than 20 minutes, I suggest giving him a shady spot, in case he gets too warm.

Baths are great! My beardie loves his baths too. I bathe Budo every day. Up to 20 minutes in the tub is great as long as the water doesn't cool down. If it does, refill the tub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom