Summer Sleepin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetbee

Klaus and CC are both digging under shredded papers or in a hide getting chilly and going to sleep. Not all the time...maybe 1 or 2 x every couple weeks... Its Mid June in WNY...whats up Beardies?...They are a year and a half and otherwise are acting fine when I wake them, they warm up and frisk about, eating and pooping well.. Can I let them snooze for a day or two..or should I keep waking them up to join their Sib, Leno who is just hanging out in his viv...thanks..Kris

Wetbee

Original Poster
CC is a girl..and Leno and Klaus are boys....Klaus is in his hidey box as we speak.. his viv is in front of a morning sun window..so he is actually the first to wake up...CC is just basking...Leno basking too..hardest part of my day is keeping them from seeing each other and getting all..'upset'...partial towels hiking basking beardie girl...so the guys don't go all Tarzan ...lol and I have cardboard tween the boys..soon going out onto the porch and will focus on all getting window views...Kris

Wetbee

Original Poster
chuckle..so to answer your question. No they are not housed together...they were as babies..but at first sign and after reading...out they came into their own abodes...K

Wetbee

Original Poster
In my search for answers, Google brought me to a brumation article HERE. and it says that many Beardies DO brumate in Summer here which is Winter in their native Aussie. Can't fight evolution I guess. Klaus and CC are both still down despite my getting her up for a day here and there. Will wake Klaus today to give him a bath/chance to poo...but who'd a thunk it?...lol Kris

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Wow, see, learn something new everyday!! Glad you figured it out and thanks for the info!
Take care,
Kelly

Kristen623

I wish I saw this post before I posted a new comment. My beardie is doing the same! He's hiding in his cave, digging & shredding the paper towels during the night AND day!

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
It seems there is a lot of this going on this year, my beardie has refused to bask for the last 2 weeks, and the last two days she is trying to hide. She will eventually come out, but still, this is not the only post about lazy, tired, strangely acting dragons. Hmmm, do they know something we don't:?

Kristen623

Im starting to think so too. A lot of times I peek into his cave & his eyes are open. He just doesnt want to come out.

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
Story of my life right now! My Oola (12 months old) has been brumating for the last month. She hides in a box in the cool side of her viv. If I look in, her eyes are open but looking sleepily at me. She's only come out one or two days in the last month, and will act very alert on those days but then go right back to bed.

Brumation definitely stinks for this beardie owner. I miss my girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom