Suggestion on administering Meds and/or foods with syringe

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTreptiles

I was reading a post in the Beardie ER section that was a bit disturbing. Bearding possibly breaking jaw while biting down hard on a syringe during a feeding. Ouch viewtopic.php?p=802703

:idea: It dawned on me that a possible fix to prevent mouth damage would be to attach a 4 inch piece of aquarium tubing to the tip of the syringe. This is the tubing that is used for aquarium air lines. That way if they do clamp down while feeding they don't hurt thier jaw or mouth.

I have never had to force feed or administer meds to any of my beardies but just an idea for others. If anyone has done this or has other ways of helping avoid mouth damage during forced feedings please share.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Yes I myself have put a piece of air tubing on the end of a syringe to force feed my BD and it did work but it just took a little longer to get the food through it!!!!!!!!!!

Lance

Lennifer

Juvie Member
If you go to Beautiful Dragons.com, u can order a rubber nipple that fits right over the syringe:)

~Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom