suggested wattage for ceramic heat emitter for night

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbasmom

Juvie Member
Kimba's home is getting down to about 65 degrees at night right now. Since winter is coming, I'd like to include a ceramic heat emitter to give him a bit of warmth. His home is 4' long by 2' deep by 2' high. The light will be on the opposite side as his basking platform and about 18" from the floor. Would a 100 watt be too much to keep him around 75ish or so?

Thanks!

FoothillBeardie

Hatchling Member
You could spend a little extra and get a 150 watt CHE and put it on a thermostat so it keeps it at what ever temp you want. So on really cold nights it will still stay nice and warm.

stang8689

Depends on how cold it gets in your house, I run a 150 watt on a dimmer fixture, you can adjust the dimmer dial to make it warmer on colder nights. I pretty much leave mine on full most of the time

kimbasmom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I read on the CHE where it said it needed a special light fixture, so I haven't made the transition yet. :(

Gail

BD.org Addict
I use a 40 watt CHE at night, no reason to get one of the high wattage ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom