Suddenly has an orange tongue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maizey

I have a three year old male beardie who has always been healthy. I noticed today while feeding him some crickets that his tongue is very orange. It has always been pink. Also his eyelids seem way more orange than usual. Does anyone know what this could be? He eats greens daily (kale, mustard greens..etc.), and crickets a couple days a week, meal worms on occasion. He is on ceramic tile and has appropriate lighting..although I'm sure it's time to replace his flourescent bulb. He is eating well, and acting normal. I did feed him some dandelion greens including two flowers the other day...he loved them. Any ideas?

I just read below about the dragon with a yellow mouth..so I wanted to be clear about my guy...it's not just a pastel slight change..his tongue is very orange.

LJean

Extreme Poster
I haven't seen an orange tongue. Can you get a picture of it? Does it seem to be the same color as his eyelids?

Maizey

Original Poster
I've been trying to get a photo, but I can't open his mouth and he won't say cheese for me. I was trying to catch it while he went after crickets..I just haven't caught it yet. Any ideas on how to open his mouth long enough for a pic?

His eye;ids have always had orangish stripes on them, but now they are really orange..and yes it's the same sort of orange color in his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom