Successful trip with beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophiophilist

Hatchling Member
I went on a special beach trip that was a birthday gift from my family, and since I was gone for nearly a week, I took Iroh with me!

He stayed in the hotel under a heat lamp if I was going inside someplace, but otherwise he went with me. To the beach...

tumblr_mstoz6gOvt1qz56kjo1_500.jpg

To two different lighthouses...

tumblr_mstoz6gOvt1qz56kjo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mstoz6gOvt1qz56kjo3_500.jpg

And lots of other places. He did really well with eating even while on vacation.

I ended up not needing to use a harness with him. He was very good about just hanging out on my shoulder or beach towel. I think the trip helped us bond even more. On the way there I was nervous about letting him hang out in the car with me while I was driving, but by the time we came back, I was comfortable knowing he would be okay sitting on me. I feel like I trust him a lot more now and that he trusts me more too.

I picked a pet-friendly hotel and emailed beforehand to make sure they were okay with him, and they were! It was not a problem at all.

So basically if you ever get the chance, I would recommend trying traveling with your dragon, it was not a lot of trouble and he did not seem stressed out, and I enjoyed having him with me. And! A lot of people loved seeing him. A lot of parents especially wanted their kids to pet him. He was a hit.

Iroh will definitely be coming with me on more adventures in the future! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom