success story

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancellor91

Juvie Member
my baby beardie Alona, well she was very ill with coccidia for about 3 months untill i got an appropriate vetrinarian to look at her, and well now she has grown from 9 1/2 inches to 11 INCHES !!! in just 2 weeks while on medication. just like to say if you think the vet you went to doesnt no what they are doing please keep looking, because it saved my girl

chancellor

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
WOOOOHOOOO!! Way to go!! I am so glad to hear your baby is better!!! I read about some of the problems you were having,I love a Happy ending.Hugs to you both.
Sara

chancellor91

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well, i could just be paranoid, but she had a big runny smelly poo on me today :( like when she was sick, so it has been 2 days no medication. she did drink a lot of water the night before so i want to wait and see about another poo hope for the best

rin0425

Hatchling Member
Coccidia can be hard to get rid of...sometimes needing multiple doses of meds...In addition you should try feeding Phoenix Worms, they have anti-parasitic properties, and can help knock back the infection while the medicine does the rest. Its been shown to help in some studies ive read in the vet tech magazines I get. At the very least, they will help encouraging her to eat and they have a totally balanced calcium to phosphorous ratio and have also been shown to promote growth up to 25% faster than other feeders. I feed them to all of my hatchlings and juvies. Plus they dont carry parasites like crickets and roaches. Thought I would add that in. Good luck and get a fecal done ASAP so if you need meds you can get back on them right away without letting the coccidia overgrow again.
Aaron

chancellor91

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hi thanks Aaron. i started her on the albon again tonight, she eats like a pig and i think i will order some pw tomarrow but they are expensive. and she eats like a pig even when on medication, and is it possible that my crix collony has the parasite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom