Substrates & Changing It Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpickering15

Original Poster
KarrieRee":vdlpra5c said:
Make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get temps- the screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide holed screen?
We do have a digital probe thermometer that the screen sits on top of the mesh, and the mesh is fine like a screen door :) And by screen I mean the screen of the probe thermometer sorry if there was confusion

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Take the probe set it on the place where he sits to bask wait 10 minutes or so get the temp - for a baby 105-110 no hotter - the T 5 will need to go in the tank approximately 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor-- if you need help w/ things to hang I can post some later today

mpickering15

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2cmzabwp said:
Take the probe set it on the place where he sits to bask wait 10 minutes or so get the temp - for a baby 105-110 no hotter - the T 5 will need to go in the tank approximately 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor-- if you need help w/ things to hang I can post some later today
Thank you so much!!! Just got her substrate changed to paper towels ??? I’m way less stressed now. Going to set up her lights after her lights turn off for the night so when she wakes up tomorrow it’s a new set of lights. Also, the paper towel already seems to be making the basking spot hotter by the looks of the probe thermometer. We turned off the heat pad before putting in the paper towel. We attempted to give her a snack but I think she wants to be left alone and I think the movers stress hit her hard. Lighting photos would help a ton if possible! Thank you again so much. I hope I’m not annoying the ever living snot out of you! Lol. I am concerned though only because of not having the heat pad on. I know she doesn’t need a light on always but how will it stay warm without the heat pad on at night ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If your tank is falling below 65 at nite then get a CHE -- ceramic heat emitter --- you want your temps in the tank 65-75 at nite --- if you need help w/ that please ask here is a pic of Blazes tank
97951-5464430083.jpg
Karrie

mpickering15

Original Poster
KarrieRee":312pyff8 said:
If your tank is falling below 65 at nite then get a CHE -- ceramic heat emitter --- you want your temps in the tank 65-75 at nite --- if you need help w/ that please ask here is a pic of Blazes tank
97951-5464430083.jpg
Karrie
I will go ahead and order one anyways. And it has not fallen below 65, but tonight will be the first night of using paper towel. I am only really concerned she’ll get cold with the pad being off.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so check the temp in the morning before you turn your lights on usually the tank will be about that same temp--- you can place the stick on the middle back wall or your digital probes in the tank will also tell you that temp --- if your tank is below 65 you will need a CHE
Karrie

mpickering15

Original Poster
KarrieRee":ipkpdipt said:
Ok so check the temp in the morning before you turn your lights on usually the tank will be about that same temp--- you can place the stick on the middle back wall or your digital probes in the tank will also tell you that temp --- if your tank is below 65 you will need a CHE
Karrie
Will do! Also, I’m not sure that another bub is going to be able to sit comfortably on top because of the light bar. I believe it covers the distance of the tank.

mpickering15

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3d74p56s said:
Karrie
full
Here’s what her place looks like now that the substrate is changed.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Are you talking about the che? It can sit towards the middle of tank center if you need it -- let's see if you need it first
Karrie

mpickering15

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1ga6py3b said:
Are you talking about the che? It can sit towards the middle of tank center if you need it -- let's see if you need it first
Karrie
Oh my apologies, I meant the long tube light fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom