substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

george101

Okay, so I have to say that my beardie's tank is pretty boring. I am in the process of redecking out the place, but I have hit a snag with the substrate. I would like something pretty, that will not hurt George(my beardie). I once heard that that turf stuff is pretty good, but expensive. Sand can be dangerouse, or is ther a way to change that. Newspaper and paper towels are not very pretty but effective. What should I go with, are there any recommendations? And here is another smaller question, What is something nice for a soon-to-be adult beardie to climb on? Answer are welcome and thanked for!

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
one word; tile.

here are some pics of my tiled vivs:

BR1.jpg

BR2.jpg

BR4.jpg

BR5.jpg

BG1.jpg

big1.jpg

LGtile22.jpg

LGtile6.jpg

its easy to clean, cheap, you never have to replace it and it looks nice. you can build it up(if you do it safely) to make caves and ramps.

in my opinion textured tile is the best way to go if you looking for safety, functionality and aesthetics.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I also have tile in my beardies viv.Like the above poster said do try to get a tile that is not smooth( try something like slate).Not only is it easier for your BD to walk on, it is easier to keep clean,helps with retaining heat in the viv and also helps keep your BD's nails somewhat trimmed. Take it from someone who use to use carpet .The tile is so much better and looks nicer too, in my opinion. As for your soon to be adult beardie,try a large piece of wood in the viv. My beardie(who is 4 yrs old) loves her wood. It actually looks like a big piece of driftwood and takes up a good portion of her 4' tank. Then again she is 20" long, you may not need one quite so large.

george101

Original Poster
Thanks very much! It seems like the perfect thing!
Thanks for the pics, they pretty much made up my mind for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom