substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i got some soil and patted it down flat so there was none loose, dry it off with intense heat for a while until its flat baked, would that be okay to use as a substrate? i use sand atm and i know all the risks and all that but iv never had trouble with it before soo.... what do you think of my idea?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
The same problems are still present with the soil as with the sand. litter box issues, as well as possible impaction. I would highly suggest going with non adhesive shelf liners, paper towels, or textured ceramic tiles.
Janie.

Hopefulresearch

Juvie Member
Well, I would think that if you had a water bowl it would get it wet. When they drink, the water has to go somewhere too. I would think that if there isn't any humidity it would stay dry. But they need humidity. Even if you kept it dry, the lights would heat it, and it would crack and make it kind of loose. I don't know the complete science but thats what I think would happen. It's a good idea, but I think it would get wet somehow

rockstar1992

Original Poster
i, in my current tank have 2 suspended tiles, and that it what i use to keep my water bowl on, so that isnt gonna get it wet.the heat light is directed onto the higher of the 2 tiles so the heat has little chance of cracking the soil and surely it will resemble the "baked flats of australia"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom