Stupid question for a bd website

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardienewbie

Juvie Member
Okay so I have been thinking. I would like to have another herp. I wont be able to get another one soon, probably in a year or two, but I was wondering should I rescue a beardie or should I get a different herp like a gecko or water dragon or something?

I want a leopard gecko but beardies rock too much! haha

What do you all think. Again, I probably wont get one for a year or two.

Thanks!
Amy

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Personally, I'd go for another beardie. ;) We have a leopard gecko and I'm not overly fond of her. She's not friendly at all and her skin texture freaks me out. But that's just me.

beardienewbie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I think leopard geckos are sooooo cute lol.
Yeah I think I will end up getting another beardie. Hopefully I cant get another for my 18th bday. :wink:

haha

Which is in May.

I got Diablo this year for my bday. lol

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Get the beardie, for sure !!!

A friend of mine's son had a leopard gecko. He was upset to see how much time my son could spend handling our beardie and he could not with the gecko.

Personality wise...No Comparison !!!

Beardies Rule !!! :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:

LJean

Extreme Poster
Not a stupid question for a beardie site. ;) We do have forums here for other reptiles. Maybe you could read a bit in those and see if something jumps out at you.

I agree that Beardies rule! :)

beardienewbie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I think I will get another beardie lol.

Not absolutely sure yet, but I still have about a year to decide.

This time I think I am going to rescue a beardie instead of purchasing one.

I will read more about the other herps as well.

Thanks!!

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
We had a water dragon and he was cool, but you couldn't handle him as much. He was a scratcher and they like to whip their tails..They are also very fast runners...We called him Spaz...After he passed away we bought our second beardie...I have now just purchased my 3rd beardie... I love them.

palomino

I had an iguana when I was a teenager. They have to pretty much be handled from the time they hatch. I had one that was pretty nice but he passed away and then I got another one and it was so mean that you couldn't walk past it's cage without it whipping it's tail at you. I just don't think iguanas ever really get tame like beardies (for the record I won't get my first one for another two weeks or so). Every beardie that I have seen at the pet stores are usually pretty friendly.

threecupsofcoffee

Hatchling Member
We have a gecko and a beardy. Spyro the beardy is always wanting attention, she's a lot of fun and snuggly. Ruby our leopard gecko is Gorgeous, i've had her from a young age, always handled her with no probs, she also explores like spyro. On the plus side she isn't anything like as expensive to keep, and if you don't have a lot of time they are nocturnal so you get to handle them in the evenings and mornings. oh and she feels like the liquorice allsort you know the bumpy round one, i like how she feels. But, Spyro is special and always awake and waiting for my next move especially if it involves bugs :D

beardienewbie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
awww lol yeah I know leo's are nocturnal. I will learn more about leos cause I think they are sooooo cute but I just love beardies! lol

THANKS!

Trogdor80

Hatchling Member
I'm seriously considering getting a Tegu when the economy gets better (I'd hate to buy another mouth to feed then get laid off the next day).

I kinda like the idea of something that can eat rodents.

Kinda miss watching my python kill its dinner. It wouldn't eat frozen, no matter how long you tried to hunger strike it to get it to eat one.

beardienewbie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh wow....uhhhh sure....I wouldnt be able to feed a live rodent to anything, even though I know its nature I cant stand to hear the poor thing squeel. I have two rats as pets atm...

I would love to get a snake, however, my parents wont let me. =[

Have fun with your tegu!!! lol

Trogdor80

Hatchling Member
If the future tegu will eat prekilled that's what I'll feed it, Its safer for your herp and they are cheaper.

I don't really give a rat's @s$ about a rat(pardon the pun). My python just wouldn't eat it.

threecupsofcoffee

Hatchling Member
lol my son has a young corn snake, which he is only allowed to have so long as the pinkies or whatever it progresses to later is prekilled and he feeds it yuk :lol:

Pleaides

Juvie Member
lol im not a big fan personally of rodents so i dont have a problem feeding them to my snakes, oh they are dead too, lol, mainly because i dont want it harming any of my snakes.
i would go for a beardie also, ive got 2 and both of them within the first year have been real unwell, people tell me they are hardy little creatures but im not so sure of that, lol think my next reptile will be a frilled dragon, love them! at the mo though damn parents wont let me get another reptile so in the future. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom