Stunned/Frozen when outside in the sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultrabeard

Hey guys,
Quick question, whenever my beardie is in his tank and needs to poo, he glass dances, etc. is very active. When I put him on the floor, he starts dashing around the whole apartment :)

...But when I take him outside, he just does nothing. He will reset his footing, or actually try to get on my shirt to feel more secure (really cute when he does that)
He even loses interest in eating bugs (brought a couple feeders in container). He will do many head tilts and see that big bright sun, but won't walk around, like he's in awe or not used to it since he's 2 years old and last month was his first time in the sun, which may be why. As soon as I take him back inside, he wants to run all around again and eat.
I had reasons I didn't want to take him outside when he was younger, but recently am in a much better environment for that.

I guess that's why they say don't just abandon a pet beardie outside somewhere - at least mine would just stay in the same spot for the rest of his life!

There are many videos of beardies walking around outside - does it help to do this more often? or just when they're younger? Any experiences of "first time outside" and they just start running around?...because my buddy ain't doin' nothin :lol:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He is probably unfamiliar and scared of outside. My guy was like that for a while after I got him too. I started bringing him outside for short bits just sitting on my lap. When he got skittish I brought him back inside. After a while he started getting more used to it and became curious about things outside. It just took some patiences and not forcing it too much. I think also giving them time sitting in a window sill to watch outside from a safe area may help them recognize it and make it a bit easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom